The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Can you explain what software is used to get this image

rollsman44

She did respond to me and said it was NOT. PS was the software she used. I dont use PS just LR Classic. Thank you

lookbook

The young woman depicted is very idealised.
It would be interesting to find out from the creator what percentage she thinks this work is true to the person.
I don't think it has much to do with photography ...

tenmangu81

Your question is interesting, but the best is to find one's own style and signature.
It's not given to anybody (including me !!).

dave.gt

Personally, I call it Art.🙂

I like it, some don’t. Perhaps that makes me a non-purist, but I enjoy seeing others’ images created in the way they see it.

🤷🏼‍♂️

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
It's already nearly impossible to define what is AI and what is not. Many of the tools in PS are AI based, and many AI creations are based on actual photos. While this particular image may be based on a photo, it looks more like AI than many images presented as AI.

The best way to become able to make this kind of image is to learn PS properly. It takes time, but it's rewarding. I recommend Photoshopcafe (no affiliation), but there are many very good YouTube channels to choose from:

Edit:
Now I see that Barbara MacFerrin actually has tutorials on her YouTube channel. Good place to start. And yes, you do need Photoshop, but since you use Lightroom, you already pay for it, don't you?