The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad ELX

MartinN

I must admit I like my ELX, but as a beginner I must curse the engineerers a bit. The very known problem is that if you dont hold the shutter release button or cord long enough on LONG exposures the camera starts winding before the exposure is finished. What a bummer. I was lucky to find out the pecularity when I got my camera a few months ago, but my memory is not always working as it should. With other cameras I am accustomed to jus nudge the release. This time I forgot again and ruined half a roll. Why it is engineered like that ? Of course, in the studio with very short exposures the problem never appears, and it is my fault, but engineering could be better.