The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Help please LR on iPad Pro

rayyan

Hi.
First time attempting to use LR on my iPad Pro. And have run into a stupid obstacle. Stupid coz I must be doing something foolish.

While attempting to edit an image, the image is not fixed on the canvas ( screen )! The image moves when I use pencil or finger to paint, erase, select etc.

Need your help please to get me going!

Thanks and kindest regards.

Photon42

(btw: You cannot really paint into photos with Lightroom, but of course you can "paint" masks and use the healing tool)

Let's see: I enter LR Mobile on my iPad. I see a group view of photos. I can open or close the left bar (second icon from the left on the top left corner next to the LR symbol). I can select albums in that left bar. I select the album, then in the group photo view the photo I like to work on. On the lower right hand side corner, I find four icons: Star (for ratings), callout (comments if album is shared), Keywords and info. On the upper right corner, I see the ellipsis (...) for adjusting some options, and then the following edit functions: general, profile, crop, healing, masks, apply from prev and undo.
When I tap on edit, then light, next to the "light" header, I see a curve symbol. If I click on it, I can adjust the curve. If I want to save the processed photo on my device, I tap onto the "share" icon (third one to the left in the upper right hand corner).

Can you replicate that?

rayyan

Hi.

Got it!
As expected error due to my ignorance and desktop experience ( ? ) using the sw.
When I choose to create a linear gradient ( e.g ) I had to further select to apply it!

I appreciate your help Photon42.
Thank you.