The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Kudos to LR/ACR on "select sky" masking tool

Paul2660

Attempting to mask a sky around details, has been a troublesome process for me for years. With C1 20, you could work into it with the color selection tool and then tweaking the selection with the luminance tool. This process takes a lot of time, and IMO never got a fully solid mask. With LR/ACR and select sky masking, you get the sky, and only the sky, and it easily includes clouds until a color section mask in C1. The tool really works great, no haloing, around tree limbs, or small details, and if you need to get the balance of the image, you just create a new mask, select the sky again then select the inverse. Really an amazing tool set. C1 is still my preferred converter and necessary for all P1 raw, especially dual exposure frames or frame averages. If C1 has a similar tool, I am now aware of it. See image below. Simply done with one single click on the sky. 100 percent correct. And it works every time.

Paul

Attachments

Darin Marcus

I am also impressed with the subject selection feature in photos that have one (bird, tree, flower, etc.).
I am using Lightroom Classic for finishing touches and resize to post.