The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica Q2 monochrom

spb

Staff member
This one just for a laugh, I am actually very surprised how this has turned out, as a cropped image of the moon tonight. ISO 12,500, F 7.1, 1/8 th, Exp Comp -0.6.Feb 25 2021_L1010032 1.jpg

scho

We took a walk up to Lower Enfield Falls at the bottom of the gorge. Snowmelt water was roaring out of the gorge along with a chilly wind. Q2M with B+W orange filter. Two portrait orientation shots stitched in Photomerge.

Last edited:

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
I've an old friend who doesn't do a lot of photography, but he's fallen in love with the look of Leica Monochrom images. I borrowed a Q2M for him, but while I had it, I had to try it out on my most discerning subject.

Matt

In a day or two, we are going on a photo walk. I'll bring the S3 with the 35mm lens (same FoV) and we can compare my BW conversions to the Monochrom's. I expect it will be a very interesting exercise!

Last edited:

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Went for a walk with friend and Q2 M. One of his first shots. It's a ... brick wall (it was my idea, so blame me).

He may well get one. Still dealing with sticker shock. Oh, and S3 B&W conversion was certainly no better. And a lot heavier. :cool:

M

Last edited: