The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More Fun with Large Format Film Images!

darr

Yesterday, celebrating Worldwide Pinhole Photography Day, I began a journey through time with my Ebony 4x5 camera, with 0.5mm and 0.7mm pinholes. I opted for HP5+ film, rated at 160, capturing the subtle light changes over 24 minutes. I prefer the soft, dreamlike quality of the 0.7mm pinhole. A mirror on a stand directed light towards the face of the guitar. My first love is music, and the Martin classical guitar pictured was made in 1913. I pull it out to play occasionally. The Martin mandolin is from the 1980s. My stepfather was a county and bluegrass musician who played anything with strings. He had a vintage Martin style B mandolin that I remember fondly from childhood. If I could afford one in excellent condition, I would grab it, but I cannot; thus, I play around with the 1980s anniversary model.

This was my first shot at pinholes on my 4x5 camera. The pinholes came from CCB (Custom Camera Building) and worked flawlessly. I developed an exposure factor sheet using a formula I will publish on my website soon for those interested. I recently ordered another set of pinholes for my 4x5 cameras with a built-in shutter; it should be fun!