The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Motorised Lab-Box

chrism

Sorry for my absence, but I ran into a problem with my motorised Rondinaxes, and I'm far too lazy to do things the old way anymore. Anyway, problem solved:
Motorised Lab-Box 21623255809078.gif

Motorised Lab-Box 11623255809090.gif
Because the external dimensions of the Lab-Box are the same in both 120 and 35mm guise, one single mount will run it in either form. The tank lifts out when it's time to change solution, and as it slots back in the cogs re-engage and agitation at 30rpm resumes.

Godfrey

Cool! I was thinking I should make something like that too. I'd like it to have a somewhat uneven motion, not just a continuous turning, to emulate how my fingers do it, and was figuring a pulley setup with an oddly shaped driven wheel and a tensioner would do it... Haven't gotten past the brainstorming part though. :)

G