The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Must have X1D II accessories ??

ndwgolf

Guys
I have just bought a new X1D II from my friends shop in Malaysia and will have it shipped to Thailand next week, I also have the 45p and 80mm lenses on order but its looking like 2021 before I will get those, so in the mean time yesterday I bought a new XCD 135 f2.8 from B&H as my preferred lens line up for the X1D II will be 45, 80 and 135...... landscape and portraiture photography
along with the 135 from B&H I ordered the Xhume magnetic filter holders/lens caps.

What do most of you guys use for a tripod mount or is a L bracket the way to go...........I heard that the RRS bracket is a PITA to access the SD cards, is that correct?.
Neil

tcdeveau

Yeah the RRS l-bracket on the X1D/X1DII is somewhat annoying as the card and port slots aren’t terribly accessible without an Allen key. At the end of the day it’s a minor annoyance but an annoyance nonetheless.

The dual battery charger/hub is great so I’d definitely pick that up with an extra battery.

nameBrandon

X shutter release is something I use often.

I also use my XV adapter quite often.. There's a lot of high quality and relatively cheap glass out there for the Hasselblad V system that works great on the X series bodies, assuming there's no movement involved.. and I don't think there's anyway to sync flash with them with the X1D series bodies.. still, lots of fun.

glennedens

I will second the dual batter charger, it is convenient, tiny and relatively speedy. I have found this camera 'needs' fewer accessories, at least for how I use it, than other systems. Yes extra batteries - I keep 3 for trips, one in the camera and two in the charger. A 12v cigarette lighter to USB-c adaptor is useful for charging on the road.

For a L-bracket I tried the RRS, it is a pain although exquisitely machined - then I discovered the Markins L-plate for Hasselblad X1D and X1Dii here: Markins L-bracket It is spendy at $185, it does allow the storage card door to be 'easily' accessed.

I do use the cable release although with the L-bracket that can be a PITA.

If you have any H-system glass (HC or HCD) the new Hasselblad 0.8x "speed booster" for H lenses might be interesting. The XV adaptor is all manual if you have any V-System lenses.

The filter sizes of 62 (45P), 67 or 77mm is a nice optimization on Hasselblad's part. I've had good luck with the Breakthrough polarizer and ND circular filters - with end caps they pack very small into a group of 67 and 77. I've also had good luck with the 85mm Formatt-Hitech system (if I'm really low on room in the bag) otherwise the HNY-Murami 100mm magnetic system - the HNY works very well if you use grads/ND/CPL.

I continue to use my RRS BHL-55 and TVC33 tripod or if I'm short on room, the Gitzo Traveler GK2545T-82QDUS (who comes up with these product names?). The Peak Design Travel Tripod works well for the smaller lenses (not sure I'd trust it with the 135mm).

I got a set of the Fotodiox automatic macro extension tubes for the X-system - 20mm and 48mm - I've had better luck with the 20mm of the two extenders.

The 1.7x extender for the 135mm has proved more useful than I would have guessed, although you might still have to buy them together as a set - I just call it a 180mm EFOV with the 1.7x and 105mm EFOV without, both have always been favorite focal lengths of mine on full-frame and about as long as I ever shoot telephoto-wise.

A small cleaning kit, Hasselblad blower, Hasselblad lens pen and microfiber cleaning cloths (the Hasselblad blower and lens pen were part of the 4116 Field kit. Unfortunately the X-systems sensors are dust magnets.

The 45P can sometimes benefit from a lens hood - the B+W 970/62 is my favorite.

Gosh have we had a X1D, X1Dii or 907x bag thread yet? There are so many wonderful choices that have been discussed on other threads here on getDPI - my current favorite for landscape work is the WANDRD PRVKE 21L (the smaller one), which easily fits the X1Dii with L-bracket, batteries, dual charger, USB-c cable, cleaning kit, SD card wallet, 21, 45P, 90, 135+1.7, cable release and circular filters (CPL, 6-stop, 10-stop and 16-stop with end caps - a set for 67 and 77 as well as a 62-67 step up ring) and the Gitzo tripod, which seems to get more use these days.

Glenn

ndwgolf

X shutter release is something I use often.

I also use my XV adapter quite often.. There's a lot of high quality and relatively cheap glass out there for the Hasselblad V system that works great on the X series bodies, assuming there's no movement involved.. and I don't think there's anyway to sync flash with them with the X1D series bodies.. still, lots of fun.
Which XV adapter do you use?

ndwgolf

I will second the dual batter charger, it is convenient, tiny and relatively speedy. I have found this camera 'needs' fewer accessories, at least for how I use it, than other systems. Yes extra batteries - I keep 3 for trips, one in the camera and two in the charger. A 12v cigarette lighter to USB-c adaptor is useful for charging on the road.

For a L-bracket I tried the RRS, it is a pain although exquisitely machined - then I discovered the Markins L-plate for Hasselblad X1D and X1Dii here: Markins L-bracket It is spendy at $185, it does allow the storage card door to be 'easily' accessed.

I do use the cable release although with the L-bracket that can be a PITA.

If you have any H-system glass (HC or HCD) the new Hasselblad 0.8x "speed booster" for H lenses might be interesting. The XV adaptor is all manual if you have any V-System lenses.

The filter sizes of 62 (45P), 67 or 77mm is a nice optimization on Hasselblad's part. I've had good luck with the Breakthrough polarizer and ND circular filters - with end caps they pack very small into a group of 67 and 77. I've also had good luck with the 85mm Formatt-Hitech system (if I'm really low on room in the bag) otherwise the HNY-Murami 100mm magnetic system - the HNY works very well if you use grads/ND/CPL.

I continue to use my RRS BHL-55 and TVC33 tripod or if I'm short on room, the Gitzo Traveler GK2545T-82QDUS (who comes up with these product names?). The Peak Design Travel Tripod works well for the smaller lenses (not sure I'd trust it with the 135mm).

I got a set of the Fotodiox automatic macro extension tubes for the X-system - 20mm and 48mm - I've had better luck with the 20mm of the two extenders.

The 1.7x extender for the 135mm has proved more useful than I would have guessed, although you might still have to buy them together as a set - I just call it a 180mm EFOV with the 1.7x and 105mm EFOV without, both have always been favorite focal lengths of mine on full-frame and about as long as I ever shoot telephoto-wise.

A small cleaning kit, Hasselblad blower, Hasselblad lens pen and microfiber cleaning cloths (the Hasselblad blower and lens pen were part of the 4116 Field kit. Unfortunately the X-systems sensors are dust magnets.

The 45P can sometimes benefit from a lens hood - the B+W 970/62 is my favorite.

Gosh have we had a X1D, X1Dii or 907x bag thread yet? There are so many wonderful choices that have been discussed on other threads here on getDPI - my current favorite for landscape work is the WANDRD PRVKE 21L (the smaller one), which easily fits the X1Dii with L-bracket, batteries, dual charger, USB-c cable, cleaning kit, SD card wallet, 21, 45P, 90, 135+1.7, cable release and circular filters (CPL, 6-stop, 10-stop and 16-stop with end caps - a set for 67 and 77 as well as a 62-67 step up ring) and the Gitzo tripod, which seems to get more use these days.

Glenn
Glenn
I used a Xume filter holder mechanism (magnetic) on my H6D100c and it works fantastic. I will have the same system on my X1D with all the filters size 77mm. No fiddling around just snap on snap off. I will have 3 lenses 45p 80 and 135.
My filter choice is BW 6 & 10 stop ND and a BW circular polarizer........I like the KISS approach when it comes to filters.
ive got 2 extra batteries coming along with the hub, and I will take your advice and get the Markings L plate.
Neil

ndwgolf

They just charged me 750 dollars import duty for the 135mm lens from B&H................basxxxxxxxxxxxds
Neil

Godfrey

Guys
I have just bought a new X1D II from my friends shop in Malaysia and will have it shipped to Thailand next week, I also have the 45p and 80mm lenses on order but its looking like 2021 before I will get those, so in the mean time yesterday I bought a new XCD 135 f2.8 from B&H as my preferred lens line up for the X1D II will be 45, 80 and 135...... landscape and portraiture photography
along with the 135 from B&H I ordered the Xhume magnetic filter holders/lens caps.

What do most of you guys use for a tripod mount or is a L bracket the way to go...........I heard that the RRS bracket is a PITA to access the SD cards, is that correct?.
Neil
I'd consider the essentials for an X1D II the same as for a 907x.

Sufficient SD cards for your needs​
One to two spare batteries​
Hassedlblad dual battery charger​
Remote release​
Tripod adapter plate​
Whatever kind of carry bag fits the equipment and your shooting needs.​

Pretty simple, really. Add whatever lenses and filters you want and you don't need anything else. And all of that interchanges with the 907x as well, aside from the camera tripod plate...

G