The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

My Konica Minolta 5D died today :(

pegelli

Unfortunately my Konica Minolta 5D from January 2006 passed away this afternoon. After almost 15 1/2 years the cruel First Frame Black issue struck resulting in mostly black or half black frames and a need to cycle the power switch. It still takes a normal photo in less than 1/3 of the shots attempted, but almost never two in a row. 😢

Fortunately I don't need a taxidermist to keep using it as a paperweight :), but for sure I'll miss the CCD sensor rendering which was specifically nice for flower macros and lucious landscapes.

Here's the last photo I got out of it:

KM5D + Min 100/2.8 macro D[/FONT]

RossNH

I had two 5D's and one 7D. They had the best colors of any of the older A-mounts and a perfect match for that Minolta 100mm. Unfortunately mine all suffered the same fate as yours.

JeffK

I was a big Minolta maxxum fan. Favourite lens was the 135 2.8 with the built in hood. Still have my Sony A100 and 50mm macro. But hasn’t been used in years.