The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New Firmware for Nikon Cameras

jduncan

Hi,

New firmware for Nikon cameras. Mostly video updates for the Z9 but new goodies for photo too.
For me ProRes raw is the most important update. I will have liked to have. 8K ProRes or ProRes raw, but it's pretty good nevertheless.

I. will say that between the updates and the 800 PF it has being a pretty good year for Nikon users. The 400mm is innovative (the tc) and so is the 800mm.

We will have to wait and see if the focus improvements for the Z6 II and the Z7 II are something to write home about.

The. Z9 is so good right now that I will not update right away. (April 20) but let the brave debug it 😂

Best regards,

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Nikon has this habit of developing cameras that seem to be carved out of stone, that look as if it's the only camera you'll need for the rest of your life. The F, the F3, the F5, the F6, the D3, the D700, the D810, the D850 and now the Z9. I could grab each and every one of those cameras and walk straight out to shoot any commercial stills job, and with the Z9, also any video job. Heck, for stills, I'd do that even with my D2Xs.

Nikon is a camera company, and it shows.

Swissblad

Very impressive update - intrigued by the 2 fold increase of EVF refresh rate - impressive.
Way to go, Nikon ;) !!!!

jduncan

Very impressive update - intrigued by the 2 fold increase of EVF refresh rate - impressive.
Way to go, Nikon ;) !!!!
Yes, in reality. the Z9 EVF is super responsive, at 60fps it does not do the "duplicate frame" that many other cameras use to simulate blackout free shooting.
The Z9 has a dual pipeline. Even so 120fps could be sweet.

Best regards,