The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New iPad

glenerrolrd

Workshop Member
Interested in hearing about those that use the iPad as a MacBook substitute in the field . Love the smaller form.weight and now better screen . Would like to view quickly (like PhotoMechanic) , rate or select and maybe back up captures . Rarely exceed a few thousand captures on a trip .

Not so interested in processing (light capabilities ). or immediate publishing .

So far I have just stuck with my MBP 16 . I do all my processing at home on a maxed out iMac .

MartinN

I don’t want to use an Ipad due to to the limitations opposed by iOS and Apple. Instead I use an 11 inch or 13 inch Mac book air, not much heavier and affordable as used. As my software on the go, I trust Fast Raw Viewer. All in all a bit heavier but thoroughly adaptable to anything.

Godfrey

I use the 2018 iPad Pro 11" as my mobile computing solution for everything. I've not been limited by anything about iPadOS. It's a different workflow compared to macOS and Lightroom, but I seem to be able to get what I want done without any inhibitions at all.

I operate the Hasselblad 907x and Leica CL in tethered mode with it, and do image processing with Phocus, SnapSeed, RAW Power, and Photos. I can assemble slide shows, create websites, and pretty much do all of the other things I normally do for both photography and for my various home and project activities.

I've been using this machine as my mobile computing system since I got it in 2018, and I sold my last new Mac Book Pro because I never took it out of the box. I could only see buying another laptop if I really, really, desperately needed software that only ran on macOS at this point.

G