The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Query about early Nikonos models

My query relates to early Nikonos amphibious camera models that were fully manual and had mechanical shutters. I recently came across this video on the Nikonos II. The guy making the video reckons that this particular model can be prone to frame overlap issues. with loaded film. Does anyone know how much truth there is to this? He mentions this at 11:37.

I'm guessing this would be due to the fact that this camera can use unperforated film? In other words, there are no sprockets / teeth. Supposedly, according to him, the Nikonos III is less likely to have this frame overlap issue. I'm assuming that the III had sprockets (just like later models.)

I find this unusual fact about the Nikonos II interesting. I have never used a Nikonos but I have read a lot about them in the past. Though despite all that reading, this is the first time that I learned that the Nikonos II has no sprockets.