The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Strange wobbling video with Panasonic GX9

Lafanto

Dear Friends, hoping you can advise. For no reason, suddenly some of my videos are creating a strange wobble on my new Lumix GX9. Its noticeable when filming in 4K and moving the camera upwards or downwards when filming something. Also...when recording video, sometimes it just stops recording and I have to hit the record button again. I dont understand what the issue is, I am thinking maybe it could be the SD card having problems? Below is a link to a video showing this strange issue.

I've tried a different SD card, this time the video kept recording but only once did I notice a slight wobble. Appreciate any advice.

Laf.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
What kind of SD cards to you use? Type and speed? What lens? IBIS and/or OIS on or off?

The wobble doesn't seem to be the same across the frame, so my guess would be a sensor or card issue, but to be honest, I don't have a clue.

Lafanto

Appreciate your response Jorgen.The card was a Integral Ultima Pro (64GB). It shows 180mb read and 80mb write. I was using the 12-32mm kit lens that came with the camera. The anti shake option is always turned on and I normally have IS Lock selected aswell (this was unselected also which made no difference). Its like it only happened on some frames but I would notice that continually the recording would stop and I would have to click record again. I've wiped the card and reformatted it, I did a pixel reset/sensor clean and overall reset on the camera, so far its not happened again. Thanks again.