The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Which Sigma L lenses can you recommend Zoom and Prime

rollsman44

I am in the process of buying a SL and NOT sure if I want a zoom or Prime.
I want the Best Image quality . Any suggestions . Thanks
I want to use it for Portraits and Group shots NOT so Much Landscapes. Thanks

Epstar83

I've so far used the following Sigma lenses on my SL Type 601 and been very happy.

1. 14-24 DG DN Art
2. 50/1.4 DG HSM Art
3. 105/2.8 DG DN Art
4. 35/2 DG DN
5. 65/2 DG DN

On the Leica SL I so far haven't used a Sigma lens that I didn't like. I don't own the last two, I borrowed them from friend. I sold the 50/1.4, it was a beautiful performer, but it was massive and heavy. The 14-24 and 105/2.8 are sensational. The 105/2.8 might fit your portrait needs nicely. The 85/1,4 DG DN is also meant to be a superb lens but haven't yet tried it. I hope Sigma will come out with a 50/1.4 DG DN Art, or 50/2 DG DN Contemporary that is more compact. At the moment the only L mount lens that fits that space well is the Panasonic 50/1.8.