The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Why is the Leica SL 24-70 selling for such LOW prices new

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
The 24-70, not the 24-90, right? Those would be ridiculous prices for the latter. Or is the question why Adorama has it for 2195 and BH for 2895. That’s a mystery.

glennedens

The one I saw on Adorama for $2,195 was used - it is gone now, they have new for $2,895, which is MSRP. I've seen them selling used for about $2,195 to $2,395 depending on box, condition, warranty left.

rollsman44

Thank you. I had one person telling me that they could get a new one 2100.00 It must be Gray market. I would think so

sirimiri

^What Peter said...it's a Sigma lens. Not that there's anything wrong with Sigma, they make some good lenses! But some people really like Leica lenses on their Leica bodies.
The top is Sigma's block diagram, from their site. The bottom, Leica.L_SIG.jpg