The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

WTB: Phase One IQ4 150 + 40 HR + 90 HR-SW + 138 HR-SW

step56

Looking to buy all 4 for a combined total of somewhere around $22.5k, we could go higher but I need to sell a lot of gear currently to make up for the funds. I also posted this on FM but I am less successful with medium format there.

I'd also buy the back alone for about $13.5k wire if anyone is interested (probably not).

buildbot

I'll trade my IQ260 for the IQ4, you really want to get rid of those awful CMOS colors so I'd be doing you a favor. It's lightly used with a shutter count of merely 450K .
;)

step56

Back in April, there was a IQ4 150 that sold for $17,790 on ebay, which if you count fees, goes to something like $15-$16,000. But I get this site has inflated prices, so continue listing your stuff for $20,000, lets see how many buyers there are.

Paul Spinnler

Back in April, there was a IQ4 150 that sold for $17,790 on ebay, which if you count fees, goes to something like $15-$16,000. But I get this site has inflated prices, so continue listing your stuff for $20,000, lets see how many buyers there are.
Well the market is at play and it seems your low-balling approach has gotten you nowhere so far?

Look at the new prices, look at lack of supply and then look at yourself. Citing your dream prices, singular ebay sales, and the promised land FM has gotten you nowhere ... and I think given your lack of funds you won't get far in securing a 138, IQ4, etc.

Why don't you pony up the cash for the big guns? Like everyone else? Are you on Fuji? If you sell one of these it gets your 25% towards a 138!

There's always a firesale here and there - people might be under financial pressure (tax, medical, CC bills) and forced to sell - and even if you think from a net of fees perspective mentioning that one ebay trade - why should someone sell it to you here direct and share all the fees if backs sell on average more in the 20k+ region?

The way you come in here as a new member asking for someone to sell you high-end gear at 50% off market value makes you look impudent.

Maybe you can attach your Fuji to the WRS via an adapter, rock and roll from there and then in 2026 snap up the IQ4 for 12k on Ebay?

Pro-Tip: DM the seller for an off-market deal to pay 10k.

Last edited:

step56

Necu
Well the market is at play and it seems your low-balling approach has gotten you nowhere so far?

Look at the new prices, look at lack of supply and then look at yourself. Citing your dream prices, singular ebay sales, and the promised land FM has gotten you nowhere ... and I think given your lack of funds you won't get far in securing a 138, IQ4, etc.

Why don't you pony up the cash for the big guns? Like everyone else? Are you on Fuji? If you sell one of these it gets your 25% towards a 138!

There's always a firesale here and there - people might be under financial pressure (tax, medical, CC bills) and forced to sell - and even if you think from a net of fees perspective mentioning that one ebay trade - why should someone sell it to you here direct and share all the fees if backs sell on average more in the 20k+ region?

The way you come in here as a new member asking for someone to sell you high-end gear at 50% off market value makes you look impudent.

Maybe you can attach your Fuji to the WRS via an adapter, rock and roll from there and then in 2026 snap up the IQ4 for 12k on Ebay?

Pro-Tip: DM the seller for an off-market deal to pay 10k.
I am not keen to overpay for items. If you are butthurt about this then you can go find someone else to sell to. I am not ignorant of the price levels here, I am not paying $20k for a iq4 150.

• Wow
Reactions: RLB

Paul Spinnler

Necu

I am not keen to overpay for items. If you are butthurt about this then you can go find someone else to sell to. I am not ignorant of the price levels here, I am not paying $20k for a iq4 150.
I am not selling anything except some duplicates from time to time.

Nobody cares about your willingness to not pay 20k for an IQ4, lol, as evidenced by the success of your mission so far.

Also: "Overpaying" doesn't again make sense here.

You are "overpaying" if you are not aware of real prices. Ie if you pay 20k while everyone sells sth at 10k. Here it is the other way around. Everyone sells at 20k and you want it at 14k. You look like someone that wants to "underpay".

Your whole demeanor as new member is impudent and brazen. I think you will be more successful hunting for your cheap 138 and IQ4 on FM / eBay.

Suggest you slap your Fuji onto your Cambo until you can afford the bigger stuff. Or until Pannus DMs you with his 5k 138 offer after returning from the beach in case his kit deal fell through. Maybe you can get him down to 4k with some intentional low-balling and "meet him in the middle".

Last edited:

diggles

Did you finally get that Fuji 23mm and 30mm sold?
No, I decided to hang on to them. I see you just sold a 23mm on FM for a competitive price. Honestly, it surprises me what the 23mm and 30mm are selling for. They are both such good lenses for the Fuji system.

What camera are you looking to use with the IQ4 and Rodenstock lenses?

step56

No, I decided to hang on to them. I see you just sold a 23mm on FM for a competitive price. Honestly, it surprises me what the 23mm and 30mm are selling for. They are both such good lenses for the Fuji system.

What camera are you looking to use with the IQ4 and Rodenstock lenses?
WRS 1600

f8orbust

Looking to buy all 4 for a combined total of somewhere around $22.5k...
So, if I've got this right you're offering to pay me much less than I could get from selling directly to a reputable dealer, OR much, much less than I could get from letting the dealer sell the stuff for me on commission, OR much, much, much less than I could get selling it myself privately through (e.g.) GetDPI ?

Short of getting kicked in the head by a horse, losing my marbles, waking up and thinking this is a great deal, I'm afraid that I'm just gonna have to pass on this once in a lifetime opportunity.

buildbot

To be fair, I did see an IQ4 100 (not 150) go for 14K on ebay a bit ago, and I got a crazy good deal on my IQ3 Achro from ebay awhile ago - it still sells for more than I paid for it here from what I have seen. And allegedly, some people got h6d-100c’s from amazon for 100 when they messed up their prime sale a few years ago.

I’d still guess the minimum anyone will sell an IQ4 150 for is 17K for a while…and clearly they sell well enough at 20-22K based on recent sales here.

The lenses though are the real lowball, isn’t the 138 worth like, 15-17K new? And it will hold its value better than a digital back over time I’ll wager. Probably the best tech camera lens we will ever see at this point. Unless the photographic world makes a sudden shift or something to tech cameras.

It’ll take a new gen of phase backs to drop prices to where you want them.

Paul Spinnler

I believe that prices will remain stable, and you could potentially receive up to 24k for a high-quality IQ4. The achro was sold under pressure, indicating the seller's desire for a quick sale. In my opinion, it could have easily fetched 25k. Currently, there are no IQ4 achros available in the market, and the supply of IQ4s is limited due to Phase One's strategy of not undercutting itself, coupled with the fact that people still consider it the best image capturing device.

At this juncture, it seems that individuals leaving the technical camera sphere or facing financial needs in the challenging economy are the ones selling, in my humble opinion.

If Phase One introduces an IQ4+ or IQ5 at some point, the trade-in value of the IQ4 will likely be around 20k, which implies that its price will remain in that vicinity or slightly below for a considerable duration.

While there might always be an occasional seller in urgent need of cash who lists the IQ4 for 14k, finding such an offer requires significant patience and luck. Moreover, such instances might not arise in the short- to mid-term, as the technology is far from obsolete. Currently, there isn't a 250-megapixel option available, nor does any Canon camera produce vastly superior 200 megapixels.

Presently, the IQ4 series stands as the epitome of digital photography technology, much like Arri's position in the realm of cinema, despite the availability of cheaper cameras that offer similar capabilities.

If you truly seek the finest quality, the Phase One IQ4 remains unrivaled. In the same vein, there's currently no alternative to an Arri 35 in terms of color accuracy, dynamic range, and other aspects. This accounts for its hefty price tag of 80k, even though comparable results might be achievable by purchasing a Red camera for 20-30k.

I am highly satisfied with my IQ4s (both color and achro) and intend to upgrade to the next generation once Phase One refines their offerings.

The timing of the release of IQ5, whether it's in 24, 25, or 26, doesn't concern me greatly, as long as Phase One maintains transparent communication regarding their commitment to the photography market.

With the XC and the subtle hints that more developments are in progress, I am content. As of now, I perceive no superior image capturing devices, making the current situation quite satisfactory!

Last edited:

Maxx9photo

Capture Integration has 2 pre-owned in stock, good thing if you buy from them an extended warranty (2 years from the purchase date, if I’m not mistaken).