The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Zeiss Ikon Contarex Microscope Camera & Zeiss F-Distagon 16mm f/2.8

arri

Zeiss Ikon made a few Contarex bodies exspecially for using with microscopes, it has no finder and no lightmeter, just a body and a focal plain shutter with speeds of 1-1/500 sec, B, T
It has the special mount for the microscope photo tubus and a long flange focus rigister, around 36mm.
That is the reason I have to give the camera a mount of a SLR camera and I decide to use the Rollei/Voigtlander QMB mount because of the excellent Zeiss lenses in this system.
I choose the Fisheye Distagon 16mm f/2.8 One of the best, maybe the best ever made lens in this kind.
The lens in interchangeable and well adjusted.
I gave the camera a finder shoe of the Bessamatic and made a 180° finder for it.
I did not change anything with the camera, all part can be removed without traces.
Ready for using now.