The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images 2024

Satrycon

Very nice, I like the toning in all these b&w's, and the first is very fitting for the series.
Does that ancient lens cover the entire sensor or did you have to crop a bit? Splendid result anyway!
cropped a tiny bit around the 4 corners, not a huge amount, these are in-camera jpgs set to acros-Red

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
In case you were wondering (you were wondering, weren't you?) where Soup has been, he was staying with my daughter while I was galavanting around upstate NY having my mind blown while a dragon ate the Sun.

Anyway, he's back, and you can see how happy he was to see me. All X2D, XCD 28P, which focuses very close.

"Who are you? Go away!"

"Ugh. I'm stuck with you."

"You do realize that this is mixed lighting and I'm going to look terrible, right?"

Matt

sjg284

In case you were wondering (you were wondering, weren't you?) where Soup has been, he was staying with my daughter while I was galavanting around upstate NY having my mind blown while a dragon ate the Sun.

Anyway, he's back, and you can see how happy he was to see me. All X2D, XCD 28P, which focuses very close.

"Who are you? Go away!"

"Ugh. I'm stuck with you."

"You do realize that this is mixed lighting and I'm going to look terrible, right?"

Matt
Handome fella

anwarp

WOW!!!!

From this week's eclipse. The Margaret Hunt Hill Bridge in Dallas beneath totality. After days and weeks of increasingly dismal weather predictions, patchy clouds partially obscured the C1-C2 cycle—making it more interesting, as Matt noted above—and then the sky broke clear though hazy shortly before totality. The dimming light tripped all the bridge and street lighting. it wasn't quite the image I had planned, but it was close. And it was spectacular in person.
View attachment 212157
P1 XT IQ4.150 | Rodie 32

drunkenspyder

Dallas' Reunion Tower & Hyatt Regency the evening before the eclipse. This is a 12-image stitch. My prospect and the POV compelled the use of the Mamiya 300 and building up, rather than shooting the Rodie 32 and cropping.
P0011154_Panorama 1 copy-FrameShop copy_JPEG Quality 95_ReunionTowerSunset 1.jpg
P1 XT IQ4.150 | Mamiya 300

MGrayson

Dallas' Reunion Tower & Hyatt Regency the evening before the eclipse. This is a 12-image stitch. My prospect and the POV compelled the use of the Mamiya 300 and building up, rather than shooting the Rodie 32 and cropping.
View attachment 212170
P1 XT IQ4.150 | Mamiya 300
There's a Mamiya 300 in an XT mount? THAT makes me more interested in the XT than anything else. Weird, I know. (GREAT image, BTW! Not a flat stitch, I presume....)

Matt

drunkenspyder

There's a Mamiya 300 in an XT mount? THAT makes me more interested in the XT than anything else. Weird, I know. (GREAT image, BTW! Not a flat stitch, I presume....)

Matt
Thanks Matt, more of an overstitch. ;) It's got some artifacts I may see if I can avoid by stitching manually in PS rather than auto in C1 [C1 is pretty darn good; I just wish I had more control].

Anyway, that's an old film-era Mamiya 300 ULD C on a Cambo 645/XT adapter. I have two: the small f/5.6 for air travel, which produced this image, and the honkin' big 2.8, which I prefer when I can. It's sharper, and unlike the quite good Mamiya Auto 300 f/4 [for which the aperture is electronically controlled and could be used on my Phase XF], it has a manual aperture control and is quite effective on the XT.

MGrayson

Thanks Matt, more of an overstitch. ;) It's got some artifacts I may see if I can avoid by stitching manually in PS rather than auto in C1 [C1 is pretty darn good; I just wish I had more control].

Anyway, that's an old film-era Mamiya 300 ULD C on a Cambo 645/XT adapter. I have two: the small f/5.6 for air travel, which produced this image, and the honkin' big 2.8, which I prefer when I can. It's sharper, and unlike the quite good Mamiya Auto 300 f/4 [for which the aperture is electronically controlled and could be used on my Phase XF], it has a manual aperture control and is quite effective on the XT.
Ahh! I'm also a huge fan of the 300/5.6 ULD. The 300/2.8 APO is just too heavy - as wonderful as it is (and I use its little brother the 200/2.8 APO), I know I would never take it outside. Anyway, apologies for dragging us a bit OT.

mristuccia

Today I went out to test my newly acquired SK Apo-Digitar 5.6/35 XL.

This is the third shot I've made with it, my CFV-50c Mk1 and my Cambo WDS, in Berlin (Germany):

202404013_BERLINO_AroundWith35XL_B_2882_v1.jpg

No rise/fall and no shift. CF on the lens and LCC applied.

The linearity of this symmetrical design is palpable, it gives a totally different feeling to the images than my Hasselblad 40 IF, even after software distortion correction applied to the 40 IF. I'm together impressed and perplexed! 😅
As for the sharpness, I have a clear misalignment somewhere. The center is perfectly in focus, the right side is pretty good but the left side is slightly smeared/out-of-focus.

I need to test more in order to understand whether it is a lens internal misalignment of whether it is my digital back interface that is not shimmed correctly, although I must say that I never noticed this when using my V lenses on the WDS.

Anyway, I like this image, as it has something surreal in it. Recently I started to like to always inject a surreal atmosphere to my images.

You may wonder why the heck I've acquired the SK 35 XL when I have a really badly compatible digital back? Well, because I'm waiting for the PDAF issue fix in order to switch to the CFV-100c. So, cross fingers!

Last edited: