The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by hcubell

1. H

Ageing photographers and the weight. Simplicate and add lightness.

A 907x CFV 100C is even lighter. With a 28P, a 45P and a 90mm lens, the kit is versatile and amazingly small and light. To travel even lighter, you could carry a 907x with the 45P...2 pounds. A Leica M11 with a 35mm M lens is 1.9 lbs. Having said that, my walkaround camera has been a Sony A7RV...
  2. H

Hasselblad XCD 28P Focus Shift

It never worked with my OG X1D, but it was much easier with the EVF of that camera to manually focus in LV. I will try it with my X2D.
  3. H

Hasselblad XCD 28P Focus Shift

I thought that focus peaking turns off if you go into magnified live view to manually focus an xcd lens.
  4. H

Restore old faded photos--remember Digital ROC?

You may want to check out the book by the master of photo restoration, Ctein. Digital Restoration from Start to Finish. The book is likely to address whether there are new one click software alternatives to Digital ROC. I use an old MacBook with an old version of MacOS to run my Imacon scanner...
  5. H

Growing concern over availability of XCD (older style) and New V lenses

Please, we are not idiots. We all see right through these transparent efforts to tear down Hasselblad, with the crocodile tears about CI, when you give them zero business. I would much prefer to end your hijacking of the thread, but I will not allow you to disguise what you are up to. No way...
  6. H

Yes, please feel free to go ahead and start a separate thread about managerial decision making among medium format camera manufacturers. BTW, it is not TT that suggests that it besmirches Hasselblad's brand for DJI to have major input in decision making. The clear implication of your insistent...
  7. H

Nobody knows and it is inexplicable why you would care. It would be very unfortunate if you and Mr. Spinnler were to turn this forum into a replica of that MF Forum that you moderate over at DPReview that is consumed with negativity about all things Hasselblad.
  8. H

TR is absolutely correct in his description. Anyone with any real world experience in the corporate world would know how parent companies interact with subsidiaries. And just why in the world do you care and engage in these OCD tirades? You don’t like how they run their business, don’t buy...
  9. H

Beating a dead horse? Has there ever been a clearer case of the pot calling the kettle black. I don't think the original poster here had finished typing his post before you jumped in and responded with such intensity. It reminds me of those Western movies where the US cavalry leaps into action...
  10. H

Presumably you understand that (a) Hasselblad may know more than you about its business model, (b) what level of profitability it needs to survive in a niche market, and (c) its own survival is more important to it than any particular dealer. Moreover, loyalty is a two way street. There was a...
  11. H

Darr, I am sure you have noticed. The one and only individual who is tied up in knots over this is someone who doesn't even own an XCD camera and is not now and will never be waiting for an XCD lens. What to make of this? I don't know, but it's really abnormal.
  12. H

So, back to the original question, which was really directed at current and prospective owners of the Hasselblad X system. There are two issues. First, I do not believe that the continuing lack of availability of XCD lenses, particularly the newer V series XCD lenses, implies that Hasselblad's...
  13. H

No, it's not natural for them to discussed in this thread. Surely you are aware that there is already a lengthy thread in this very forum about the tech cam related issues with the Hasselblad CFV 100C back that was addressed in detail by a number of actual and potential buyers of the back. Real...