The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by mristuccia

1. mristuccia

Will you be getting Capture One Studio?

This thread reminded me of my C1 subscription. I just cancelled it. I mostly use Phocus now, and I still have the LR + PS subscription for 9.99€ per month, which cannot be cancelled for now (I need the ALPA tool for my shifted V lenses). Aside from the CFV-50c, I have an X-T2. Both can be...
  2. mristuccia

Fun with MF images 2024

I got my SK 35 XL back from Mr. Greiner and now it is perfectly aligned. As you all suspected, it was the shutter indeed. Thanks for your help and recommendations. Just a test shot made today: Berlin, Cambo WDS, CFV-50c, SK 35 XL with CF, 11mm rise + LCC.
  3. mristuccia

Hasselblad 500c and Phase One P45 Back - long exposure not working?

Uhm, so far we have sampled three C 80 lenses having the same "issue" in this forum thread. I now suspect this behavior may be by design on that specific lens model. Unless we find at least one C 80 behaving differently as a counter proof. By the way, mine is a black T* one.
  4. mristuccia

Hasselblad 24mm (or 25mm) f2.5V and 135mm f2.5V

You have a good point on this. Still, it seems to me just like giving up on addressing the core issue, which is real optical optimization. It always sounds like taking a shortcut. Anyway, the key of all engineering work is finding the best compromise, at the target price. 🙂
  5. mristuccia

Hasselblad 24mm (or 25mm) f2.5V and 135mm f2.5V

On a side note, I still think that software distortion correction needs interpolation and will thus reduce the effective lens resolution. Would be interesting to see a corrected set of MTFs charts which take into consideration the effect of the distortion correction. I know this is just a nerdy...
  6. mristuccia

Hasselblad Phocus with adapted lenses

Well, actually the main version is for Mac, as I use it myself on the latest MBP M3 Max. I'm also preparing new installation kits for Linux and Windows, as they are older in version right now. Let's not derail this thread however. Moreover, I don't want to break the rules of this forum by...
  7. mristuccia

Yes, it is. It uses it as a library. Exiftool needs to be installed on the PC as a prerequisite in order for my app to work.
  8. mristuccia

At the beginning, I used to write down all the informations in the IPTC Core "Instruction" field, including any shift, exposure time, focus, etc... You can do this in Phocus by means of the "Browse" tab. Then, to speed up my process, I've developed an iPhone App where I take note of all those...
  9. mristuccia

In general, it seems that Phocus is lacking the "manual" tab for lens correction. It only features the profiled one, and thus it needs the lens profile. I don't seem to see any manual lens distortion correction either, if I'm not wrong. Honestly, as a developer I must admit that I cannot...
  10. mristuccia

I'd rather take an LCC shot than guesstimating a preset that could work. Generally speaking, I agree with you that Phocus seems rather limited and deeply focused on HB stuff only. That's also one of the reasons I like it, In a way. I mean, its minimalism makes me spend less time fiddling in...
  11. mristuccia

Hasselblad 500c and Phase One P45 Back - long exposure not working?

So, firstly I must admit that I've not read the whole discussion here. :) I can confirm however that my Planar C 80 behaves the same way as you've described: on B, the PC-sync circuit opens a second after it closes, and that happens even if the camera (shutter) trigger is still pressed. That...
  12. mristuccia

Fun with MF images 2024

Another one from Berlin Hasselblad 503CW | CFV-50c Mk.1 | CF 3.5/60 T* | Hand held (+Phocus keystone correction)
  13. mristuccia

Fun with MF images 2024

Thanks. It is always a tough maneuver! 😅 And then I had to apply some software keystone correction of course.
  14. mristuccia

Fun with MF images 2024

Thank you Darlene for your kind words. :)
  15. mristuccia

Fun with MF images 2024

Berlin Hasselblad 503CW | CFV-50c Mk.1 | CF 3.5/60 T* | Hand held