The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images 2024

vjbelle

It looks to me that the Pico is
I've never successfully managed the Roger Cicala grassy slope field curvature test. It looks really good when he does it...
Neither have I but I have to admit I haven't really devoted the time necessary to get it to work. As I recall he does outline the steps. Curvature is an almost 'goodbye' for me for any lens.

Victor B.

mristuccia

Excellent composition, Marco!
The alignment of the tree's trunk with the corner shadow creates a striking harmony, while the tree's shadow extends to the right, adding a distinctive balance to the shot. Bravo on capturing such a unique perspective!
Thank you Darlene for your kind words. :)

Greg Haag

Trying to plan an early November trip to Caddo Lake, so I have been going back thru images from a few years ago. This was my first outing with my technical camera, so there was a lot of learning that occurred on this trip.

IQ3 100 Cambo 1600 Rodenstock 90mm
Caddo Lake w Cambo-90mm.jpg

cunim

Trying to plan an early November trip to Caddo Lake, so I have been going back thru images from a few years ago. This was my first outing with my technical camera, so there was a lot of learning that occurred on this trip.
Greg, I find that my outdoor photos are like elaborate frames waiting to be filled. Sure, they can be pretty or show some interesting object but they lack the spark of life. That heron is transformative. This is still a landscape, but it lives. Nicely seen.

Greg Haag

Greg, I find that my outdoor photos are like elaborate frames waiting to be filled. Sure, they can be pretty or show some interesting object but they lack the spark of life. That heron is transformative. This is still a landscape, but it lives. Nicely seen.
Thank you! I wish I could take credit for planning and waiting for the heron, but it was just fortuitous timing. The bald cypress trees coming up out of the water with the dangling moss gives this other worldly type feel, that for me is reminiscent of photographing in the desert where almost every direction you look is a photographic opportunity.

chriswebb

Here's my favorite attempt trying to shoot the end of this bloom right before the sun goes behind the mountains. I had better focused shots of different parts of the tree, but I liked the light in this one the most. Just wish I had nailed focus on the bright part and not the flowers below. I've not done a lot of macro shooting so didn't have my camera setup properly to get the right focus in the wind. By the time I got everything setup for macro in the wind, I tried to return to this but the light had gone. I'm not sure if I will get another chance.

Bloom Ending I Display P3 (screen) 20240503-1.jpg

X2D 100C | HC Macro 4/120 II at 1:1.5

100% crop:

Bloom Ending III Display P3 (screen) 20240503-3.jpg