The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

nikonf
Featured content
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Hi Mike,

I've posted a few test images using the Actus/A7R with various Hasselblad V lenses, a 65mm Nikkor SW LF lens, and a Rodenstock SIronar 100 LF lens. I will hopefully have more time this month to get out and do some landscapes with this setup.

Best regards,
    Carl
    Thank you Mike. The Oregon Coast is amazing. I do find myself using the 35-70 quite a bit on the D800, probably because I have it already and it is convenient to have a zoom in that range. I have the 14-24 and 70-200, so it fits my needs though I would love to try the 24-70 to compare quality. Being such an inexpensive lens, I have found the 35-70 to be hard to let go of. It does flare some when facing the sun or point light source, but I haven't found that to be a huge problem.
    Best,
    Ben
    It's not as hard as it sounds, you just need to be careful and not try to do this in a hurry. I've come to a point where I can clean my sensor with the blower in under 3 minutes. With the sensor cleaning kit, I'm done in 5 minutes.

If you have a Hasselblad dealer near you, you can get them to show you how to remove the digital back and put the digital back back on. :)
    Also, if you're looking at the Youtube link, he's got the blower twice as close as I usually have mine. I don't like the idea of anything getting within 3 inches of my sensor, but that's just me

To replace the back, carefully align the contacts on the back with that of the body. There are two 'hooks' at the bottom of the body that will 'grab' the base of the back. Take care not to bump the body into the sensor. When you removed the back from the body, you may have noticed that your hands (body in left hand, back in right) opened it the way one would break open a loaf of bread. The opposite applies if you're putting it back together. The back should snap back into the body, though you may want to pull the top slider/catch back to assist.
    (continued from part 1)

With the sensor facing up, use the blower to blow loose contaminants off the sensor. Whatever cannot be removed will need to be removed with a sensor cleaner. I use the Phase One sensor cleaner(Digital Back Accessories :: Capture Integration – Medium Format Digital Back Sales & Rental and Other Professional Photographic Equipment).

If you have a sensor cleaner handy, follow the instructions to clean the sensor. Hasselblad uses some sensor wipes from Hama, there is one that comes with every Hasseblad H4D. Here's how to clean the sensor with a Phase One sensor cleaning kit - Bear Images presents, Medium Format Digital Sensor Cleaning How To - YouTube. Never reuse a swab.
    (to be continued)
    Hi Mike

Don't send it to Hasselblad. I'm not sure where you're located, but you need to know a couple of things:

You can remove the back, and use a blower to clean the sensor. instructions to remove the back are in the manual, but here it is in a nutshell -

find a well-lit, clean environment to do this. have a blower handy
    remove lens and viewfinder
    Be careful not to leave fingerprints on the focusing screen.
    On the left side of the body you will find a silver colored switch of sorts
    With the lens mount pointing to your left, use your left thumb to sweep the lever/switch towards the back and press it in
    With your right thumb, find the black slider on the top of the back and slide it towards the back. The back should be released from the body
    Carefully remove the back (make sure not to put a hole into the shutter curtain with your fingers).

(to be continued)
    Hi Tim,
    Thanks!
    I guess I will continue to fight the good fight and shoot film for my own work and struggle to find good labs.
    All the best,
    Mike
    Hi Mike,
    Sorry for my late reply, I didn't notice the message in my inbox. For some reason this forum doesn't alert me to messages when they come in.
    Unfortunately I can't help you as I live in New Zealand. I'm in the same boat as you it seems, in that I have to send all my film to another city for processing. It's a pain to say the least!
    Good luck.
    Tim
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…