The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by P. Chong

1. P. Chong

New camera from Arca Swiss: the Pico

the dimensions are H: 192mm W: 114mm L: 150mm with 15cm rail or 100mm with 10cm rail. (Both are provided in standard order) Weight: about 1.1kg
  2. P. Chong

Phase one body and back suggestion for products/portraits

I have the old HC 4/120 Macro. Btw, Hasselblad says this lens is not compatible with the HTS. regarding shutter actuation count, I don’t know what is a good number. i would say, get as low as possible, but condition of the glass is more important.
  3. P. Chong

Ah I was under the impression that you already own H lenses. That was my case. But if you didn’t, I would think there are other options. Mamiya lenses work well. As do Pentax, with their respective adapters (non Fuji). And these are inexpensive. I haven’t used the Canon TS-E, but I understand...
  4. P. Chong

My 2 cents. I think both your new alternatives are very good options. Personally, I would prefer the GFX route. More modern connectivity as well as a lighter kit than H5D/H6D. The H5D-50C has the same sensor as the GFX50 cameras. I have done something similar adapting my H lenses to the GFX. I...
  5. P. Chong

Medium Format and Coffee

Nice vintage La Pavoni. My Elektra Micro Casa a Leva is even more patina! But still works great. Enjoy your coffee.
  6. P. Chong

Fun with MF images 2024

yes, it will be launched shortly. I understand in June.
  7. P. Chong

Fungus in my sensor

This happened to mine. Hassleblad changed the glass cover. Sensor was ok. But cost more than usd1k. In 2018. It’s been good since.
  8. P. Chong

Fun with MF images 2024

Jean-Pierre Pieve, MD of Arca Swiss. At Arca HQ. Yes, that's the new Pico on the table next to him.
  9. P. Chong

Fun with MF images 2024

this was the relaxing part of the trip. The mad rush was the week prior during Watches &;Wonders where I wrote 27 Live Reports and with a colleague put out 250 video clips on the new watches released. And yes. I was at Arca Swiss. But they don’t allow visits in the manufacturing floor. I will...
  10. P. Chong

Fun with MF images 2024

Cowboy in Geneva.
  11. P. Chong

Fun with MF images 2024

Maison Lameloise, a three Michelin starred restaurant in Chagny, Bourgogne, France. We walked in on a Sunday lunchtime without a reservation, and as expected, there were no tables. But they offered to seat us for the following day for lunch. We initially accepted, but had to cancel as our travel...
  12. P. Chong

The great tripod & head thread!

I wonder if anyone is using a video style tripod, like the Sachtler Flowtec 75 or 100?
  13. P. Chong

Fun with MF images 2024

Followup to the post on Villa Castellane, here is my friend Thomas' Morgan Twin Six.
  14. P. Chong

Fun with MF images 2024

I was recently in Neuchâtel and visited Villa Castellane where my friend Thomas has his office. This is a beautiful villa houses a Portugese themed cafe and a dance school. GFX 50S II + GF50.
  15. P. Chong

ALPA FPS question?

If you are interested, I have tried the Alpa system, and wrote this: https://deployant.com/tgifridays-using-the-alpa-focus-stacking-system-for-watch-photography/