The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Leica Picture Thread

Knorp

Having fun Bart?
You bet I'm having fun, Pete.
I was surprised how well I could the focus right (most of the time) with the Apo-Telyt 3.4/135. And that after 10 'rusty' years ... :)
Another pleasant surprise is how well the Voigtländer Heliar 2.8/40 performs. It's amazingly sharp, though a bit 'clinical' perhaps. But still a lovely little lens for carrying around.

All the best.

PeterA

You bet I'm having fun, Pete.
I was surprised how well I could the focus right (most of the time) with the Apo-Telyt 3.4/135. And that after 10 'rusty' years ... :)
Another pleasant surprise is how well the Voigtländer Heliar 2.8/40 performs. It's amazingly sharp, though a bit 'clinical' perhaps. But still a lovely little lens for carrying around.

All the best.
After decades of GAS I have slowly rid myself 12 different cameras and over a hundred lenses down to two cameras and ten or so lenses. I may have oversold in my reductio "absurdio" as I am already missing the M11 - but not as much as I am enjoying the X2D. Truth be told I kept the SL2 because its autofocus is fast enough most of the time to make photographs of our grandson - and having said that I am starting to feel if not old - certainly less young. 😪 I have no doubt I will somehow find another M in due course. Never used a 135 - and have always wanted to try one out. That Heliar shot pretty much shows that one doesn't really need a Leica M for every focal length. Looking forward to your shots of beautiful Amsterdam - one of the cities definitely on my bucket list - and one of the few in Europe my business travels have never taken me to.

Cheers
Pete

B L

'Under construction' - Vondelpark, Amsterdam NL ...

| m11-p | noctilux 1.0/50mm |
Love it. Also noted Nocti F1, looks very capable with high res sensor. I havent tried mine for years, it has no serial number but it is one of the very first copies.

Knorp

Love it. Also noted Nocti F1, looks very capable with high res sensor. I havent tried mine for years, it has no serial number but it is one of the very first copies.
About time to get cracking !

• Thanks
Reactions: B L

pegelli

| m11-p | noctilux 1.0/50mm |
Nice image Bart, and less "clinical" versus the VM Heliar 40 mm.
Have you solved your rangefinder focussing problem with the noctilux or are you resorting to using live view for accurate focussing?

Knorp

Nice image Bart, and less "clinical" versus the VM Heliar 40 mm.
Have you solved your rangefinder focussing problem with the noctilux or are you resorting to using live view for accurate focussing?
Hi there, Pieter. The F1 misalignment is not cured yet.
Waiting for the Visoflex-2 that should be delivered to me today.
The images shown here are all by 'Meßsucher'.
It's at close range that the misalignment is most apparent and obviously most annoying.
So my F1 needs to see an optician somewhere in Wetzlar ... :)

The Heliar is brutally sharp (especially center and midfield) and rather clinical indeed.
Also the handling is something to keep in mind as the aperture ring is located on the rotating front part of the lens.
So first set the required aperture and then start focusing.
Anyway, I do like it a lot !

One of the reviews: "The new Voigtlander HELIAR 40mm f/2.8 Aspherical | leicarumors"

Kind regards.