The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. Ed Hurst

Fun with MF images 2024

stunning!
  2. Ed Hurst

Fun with MF images 2024

I guess I don't need to tell you where this was taken! Top of the picture is a multi-image stack over about 90 minutes. That was then combined with some low ISO frames - including to extend the scene at the bottom, so it's a pano of sorts, made easy by the use of a shift lens. Fuji GFX100S...
  3. Ed Hurst

Printers or panels

I'd need many different screens based on this logic :ROFLMAO:. Very few of my final shots are the actual camera's aspect ratio. I crop or stitch most images to suit the composition/scene I visualised. So I'd need various different shapes of landscape and portrait screens, square screens and...
  4. Ed Hurst

Fun with MF images 2024

Final shot in this sequence of images of churches in the Grantham (Lincolnshire, UK) area. St. Wulfram's church again, on a misty morning. I actually went to a primary school immediately adjacent to this viewpoint (from the ages of 7-11) and became so familiar with the fact that one corner of...
  5. Ed Hurst

Fun with MF images 2024

Thanks so much, my friend. Coming from you, praise indeed!
  6. Ed Hurst

Fun with MF images 2024

Provided comments are constructive and respectful in nature, I believe critiques are some of the most valuable things about this group - and I welcome feedback/suggestions as a tremendously valuable commodity. That said, I too would prefer not to see political discourse here. It's very easy...
  7. Ed Hurst

Fun with MF images 2024

GFX100S + Laowa 20mm again Barrowby Church on a misty morning by Ed Hurst, on Flickr
  8. Ed Hurst

Fun with MF images 2024

This time, it's Barrowby Church (a village a couple of miles away from Grantham, where the larger church is - posted above). GFX100S with Laowa 15mm lens and 10mm shift. N.B. After taking this, I put my drone up and took some moody images of the church through the thicker, swirling fog. But...
  9. Ed Hurst

Fun with MF images 2024

The same church GXF100S with Laowa 20mm lens _DSF9527_Step9sRGBSMALL by Ed Hurst, on Flickr
  10. Ed Hurst

Fun with MF images 2024

St. Wulfram's church again, this time on a foggy morning Fuji GFX100S with Laowa 15mm lens - shifted 10mm vertically then perspective further tweaked in post... _DSF9517_Step11sRGBSMALL by Ed Hurst, on Flickr
  11. Ed Hurst

Fun with MF images 2024

Beautiful, John
  12. Ed Hurst

Fun with MF images 2024

Dating back to the early 14th Century, St. Wulfram's church in Grantham (England) has a remarkable spire for a mere parish church - rising to 282 feet (making it the six tallest church spire in the country). There are elements of the church that date back even further, with Saxon and Norman...
  13. Ed Hurst

Fun with MF images 2024

That’s the Bolte Bridge, isn’t it? Very impressive shot 👍
  14. Ed Hurst

Fun with MF images 2024

Barrenjoey Head (spot the lighthouse!) as a significant storm system moves away to the south and strong sunlight bursts onto the scene. Fuji GFX100S with Laowa 20mm shift lens _DSF8579_Step5sRGBSMALL by Ed Hurst, on Flickr
  15. Ed Hurst

Fun with MF images 2024

On a mellow, moodily misty morning, Sydney's Northern Beaches seem to glow. The view north from Collaroy Plateau towards Narrabeen, Turimetta, Warriewood, Mona Vale and beyond. Fuji GFX100S with Pentax 67 150mm lens View north towards Narrabeen, Warriewood, Mona Vale and Beyond by Ed Hurst, on...
  16. Ed Hurst

Fun with MF images 2023

Well, when you do, I’m here to be your guide 👍
  17. Ed Hurst

Fun with MF images 2023

Stunning shot, my friend - love it!
  18. Ed Hurst

Fun with MF images 2023

A wider range of images from yesterday morning, designed by virtue of the B&W treatment, to form a coherent set. PanoFromFiles_DSF8514And16And18And19And21And23And24And26And28_MainFilesPTGui-Merc_Step9sRGBSMALL by Ed Hurst, on Flickr _DSF8494_Step10sRGBSMALL by Ed Hurst, on Flickr...
  19. Ed Hurst

Fun with MF images 2023

Another shot from yesterday morning... Opera House seen across a moody harbour. GFX100S with Pentax 67 55-100mm lens @ circa 95mm Sydney Opera House on murky morning by Ed Hurst, on Flickr
  20. Ed Hurst

Fun with MF images 2023

It was a murky morning today in Sydney. 100% humidity. Fog swirling around the tops of the taller buildings. A moist film clinging to everything... Almost made it worthwhile that I hadn't really slept because I kept watching the webcam to see if proper fog was going to form; it didn't, but I...