The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. A

Negative feedback for @akaru

I’m not following you in why the value of the camera matters now. It was returned. I paid for the CLA (that wasn’t even necessary), and made it clear that I would have done so if he’d decided to keep it, despite it being almost 1/4 of the value of the camera. And I really doubt its value has...
  2. A

Link to post: https://www.getdpi.com/forum/index.php?threads/sold-arca-swiss-rm3di-with-extras.75601
  3. A

The next day he had a change of heart. On that day that another RM3Di had a major price drop. He says he slept on it. What actually happened was he purchased what he thought was a better deal just two hours before emailing me (check the timestamps) stating he’d like a return after all, even...
  4. A

When learning he wasn’t happy with it, I offered a partial refund. We chatted a bit about it and he mentioned a CLA. I researched it and talked to Rod and found the US AS place. He agreed to send it there and that I would pay for it if it was a simple CLA and if it was more involved then we...
  5. A

This is an outright falsehood. He never claimed anything about it not having the full shift range, because it didn’t have that. He stated the following. I confirmed with AS/Precision Camera that it was just sticky due to sitting and needed cleaning/lube (and they replaced the knob, which was...
  6. A

I was out shipping and insurance, as I didn’t charge for that in the original shipment. If there’s any scam, it’s that cost from the insurance companies. But I do full coverage for replacement, and have better luck with expedited. Then there’s PayPal fees that I don’t get back. And I charged a...
  7. A

Left out a few key pieces of information. One, the camera was always in good working condition and was as I described. It had a couple of dings that I clearly marked. At his request, as he was unhappy with one of the rails being more difficult to turn than the other, I offered to have AS “fix”...
  8. A

Medium Format Pets

XCD 120 first test shots. Probably should have stopped down a bit. Miss that lens.
  9. A

Do you long to transition from MFD to LF?

Mother of god. Does anyone make film that size, or how does that even work?
  10. A

Do you long to transition from MFD to LF?

Would be an emotional play for me. I do dearly love tech cams, as they give much of that back. It still feels like a “hack” so to speak (the positive meaning of the word). But there is still a magic to the ground glass, especially on LF. Not sure I have the back strength or cargo space, but ULF...
  11. A

Growing concern over availability of XCD (older style) and New V lenses

Seeing some pushback as to whether this is relevant to this thread. I think it is, but could totally see separating concerns of availability in general from dealer availability. I assume they’re related but may not be. I know I waited over a year for a cfv-50c many years ago, and finally gave...
  12. A

Growing concern over availability of XCD (older style) and New V lenses

I'm not sure if you're ever going to get first-hand accounts here, but I've heard very similar stories that corroborate this. I don't know the reasoning, or if the liaisons at HB are even fully aware of what's going on or why, themselves, but it is definitely going on. HB's top dealer for...
  13. A

Live view support for Capture One for iPad / iPhone Version 2.3.0

I’m sure it’s more complicated and I know P1 spun off…but it’s still very uncool to not have the much faster usb working from “Capture One Inside” to Capture One “outside”. It runs Linux…figure it out. If they messed up with the boards they should just replace everyone’s, or give a special price...
  14. A

Hasselblad XCD 28P

Yeah, 4mm can be a pretty big difference for wide angles. That said, this is suspect as they would surely offer up a 21mm replacement first, unless 24 is the best they could do…
  15. A

Thoughts on Q3 autofocus

Size and cost, and having never used one. Never used a Q, either, but assuming M look and feel.
  16. A

Live view support for Capture One for iPad / iPhone Version 2.3.0

Perfectly communicated. So live view works with ethernet but not USB, or did I misunderstand that? I went and bought a USB-C phone in the hopes that I could soon connect it up to the IQ4.
  17. A

Thoughts on Q3 autofocus

Thanks, Paul. Q3M is definitely on the radar as it could come out later this year or early next, and I could swap my 90V for it. The extra light gathering would be great as long as the AF gets use from it, as I hear the low light AF performance is not as good as some would hope for. I'd prefer...
  18. A

Thoughts on Q3 autofocus

Yeah that's probably the more practical solution. I find the GFX works pretty well, and is what I fall back to, but it's bulky and I just don't enjoy shooting with it. I suppose I'm just familiar with the Leica ecosystem and the comfort of manual focus on their lenses (assuming the Q lens is not...
  19. A

Thoughts on Q3 autofocus

As a former (and likely future) M shooter, I never understood the Leica Q. That is, until I had a kid and realized my manual focus skills are not as good as I thought (at least in low light). I tried the X2D with their newer lenses and found myself falling back on manual in many situations. The...
  20. A

IQ5 rumors

I think so. A 100MP Leica M with a two or three lens kit could be the perfect balance of quality, portability, and experience. But I’d still be annoyed with the aspect ratio and would end up cropping. A wider aspect P1 could well be a deal-breaker, at least with HB on their tails.