The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. A

Thoughts on Q3 autofocus

As a former (and likely future) M shooter, I never understood the Leica Q. That is, until I had a kid and realized my manual focus skills are not as good as I thought (at least in low light). I tried the X2D with their newer lenses and found myself falling back on manual in many situations. The...
  2. A

Want to try out a histogram-based editor?

I had this hare-brained idea brewing for years that I ended up taking from a prototype to a full iPhone/iPad/Mac app, because it worked better than I expected. Haven't you ever wanted to just grab the histogram and adjust it directly, like moving it to the center to adjust your exposure? We do...
  3. A

Anyone with an Apple Vision Pro (and maybe a CFV-100c)?

I'm just coming up for air as I've been working on a RAW image editor for this weird new device. If any of you have one and would like a TestFlight link to try out editing on what could be the largest "monitor" you'll ever own, DM me. (I'm also launching a preorder. Not sure if I can post links...
  4. A

WTB: Sync Cable for IQ4 Backs

Open to the P1 or Alpa version. Mine needs replacement. Rarely use it but it’s nice to have. If you have an extra one you’re not using, hit me up.
  5. A

WTB: Alpa Lens Module Leica M

I still have a couple of Leica M lenses left that I wouldn’t mind using on an Alpa body for fun and in low light situations, if any of you have one for sale. Alpa Product ID: 180.888.333
  6. A

WTB Alpa (Novoflex) TrioPod 75 and leveler

Looking for the Alpa rebrand version of the TrioPod 75, preferably with four-section legs (410.100.275) and MBALPro75 (410.110.075) in case anyone has either that they’re no longer using.
  7. A

Any info on the UniQ/C system?

Have any of you used the UniQ/C system for tripod QR adapters (and maybe it's tripod head to tripod as well, not sure). I'm a fan of the Arca Swiss Monoballfix/slidefix system which is more compact than the traditional A/S clamps. Is the UniQ/C also slimmer than the "standard"? I can't really...
  8. A

Camera.app domain for sale

I bought this top-level domain years ago for a project that never materialized so as we clean out our closets for the new year and the new gear I’m cleaning out my digital closet as well. * Colloquially, .app is used for Apple’s standard apps, such as Calendar.app and of course Camera.app. As I...
  9. A

Cambo viewfinder (WRS-1080 with WRS-1090 spacer)

Been sitting all alone for a while now. Up for grabs for those who could use it, as I believe it is discontinued. Includes 35mm mask and quick release adapter/spacer for compendium. $300 for a quick sale.
  10. A

Cambo WRS/XT to Canon EF/EOS adapter

This allows use of Canon EF lenses (like the 17mm T/S) on the XT and Cambo WRS cameras. It’s third-party, so tolerances weren’t what you’d expect from higher-end manufacturers, but it worked just fine for the Canon lenses I tested. I did find it a very tight fit on the XT, also used on a 1600...
  11. A

Any better options for Alpa rear lens covers?

On Cambo I used these nice (3d printed?) rear covers that worked better than the standard Cambo ones. Alpa’s standard ones stick out more than I’d like. I’m sure this gives them a bit more strength but I’m looking for something slimmer to help them fit in a bag. Anyone have any recommendations?
  12. A

Arca Swiss Has a Website!

I just got an email stating they have a new website: https://arca-swiss-usa.com/ Is this for real? I’ve felt they’re having a bit of a renaissance, as their lenses are more friendly to hobbyists and pros alike. The R mount is cheaper to get lenses for, more practical for those who wish to...
  13. A

Rare and Lovely Leica M Lenses For Sale

These are the few I’ve kept for myself, and due to the ICs, shot often on an X2D with little to no cropping. Alas, an Alpa habit is forcing me to sell to cover. APO-SUMMICRON 90mm f/2 ASPH (11884) Well worn patina $2k +++SOLD+++ APO-SUMMICRON 50mm f/2 ASPH (11141) If you know, you know...
  14. A

SOLD: Arca Swiss Leveler 75 flip lock

Has the top and bottom panning. Excellent shape, barely used. $700 $600 $550 shipped and PayPal’d. Tiny anodization marring in one spot of the replaceable top plate (cf second photo). Otherwise as new. Purchased new from CI but always end up using my P1 or Cube.
  15. A

Horseman lens plate Copal 3

Long shot, but figured I’d post in case someone really needs it.
  16. A

SOLD Leica M 50mm Noctilux f/0.95

Beautiful lens with almost no wear but does have a small ding in the hood. Doesn’t affect the performance of the lens or the hood, just cosmetic. If it really bugs you, the hood can easily be swapped out. Otherwise like new with no issues with the glass, aperture, or anything. Stunning lens...
  17. A

Fuji GFX-100 “IR” Full Spectrum Converted Camera

Up for sale is my GFX-100 converted to full spectrum (hot filter removed). Just like the GFX-100 IR that was supposedly for sale at one time. Included in-body filters to allow you to get the hot filter back (UV/IR cut filter) and another for enhancing astro images. So this is an affordable way...
  18. A

Legacy Arca digital lenses

I have for sale some lenses used in another life. These would be great for someone wanting to get their feet wet in tech cams without spending a lot, as a hybrid film/digital shooter, or for other use cases as the 90 punches above its weight. Schneider 24XL $2000 +++++SOLD+++++ APO Sironar...
  19. A

23XT, 32XT, 60XL, 90HRSW, 120 ASPH, 150N, 180: Cambo WRS, WTS, and XT Rodenstock and Legacy Schneider sell off

Selling off my Cambo and XT gear as I focus on my Arca outfit and pay off a DB I purchased. More images to follow. PM for more info or more pics. Rodenstock HR Digaron-S 23mm f/5.6 Phase One XT +++++SOLD+++++ Rodenstock HR Digaron-S 180mm f/5.6 with t/s rear spacer +++++SOLD+++++ Wrs-2048...
  20. A

Advice for photographing pyramids

I have no experience photographing architecture, but I use a tech camera for landscape. I am living part time in Belize and expect to photograph some of the ruins there. Lots of old pyramids. I imagine rise is going to be my friend. Wondering if the 20mm I have is going to be plenty. Looking for...