The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. P. Chong

Intrepid making new lens with mech shutter

Just saw this over on the Interpid Cameras IG Stories. Some info that they are making their own lens. All glass, Alu body 150mm f/4.5 lens with their own Copal 1 shutter. Note: they are making their own shutter. Seems pretty exciting. * trying to attach an iPhone screenshot, but looks like I am...
  2. P. Chong

New MF camera from Gibellini

just saw this on IG…looks very interesting. Anyone have any more info?
  3. P. Chong

New camera from Arca Swiss: the Pico

Was at the Photo Salon in Geneva earlier today, and spied this new camera from Arca Swiss. The prototype showed a modified Canon 24 TSE and GFX. The lens has its Shift element removed and placed on the rear standard. Tilt remains on the Canon lens. I forget if there is an additional tilt...
  4. P. Chong

Wonder if anybody is in Zurich on Nov 11, and interested in a meetup and/or shoot

I found myself with all of Saturday Nov 11 (next month!) in Zurich, Switzerland with an empty schedule. Rather than change my return flight, I decided to stay the day. Though I have been in Zurich countless times, I thought it would be nice to hang around some like minded photographers. Maybe do...
  5. P. Chong

Using GFX on a large format monorail camera

Wonder if anyone has used this before, and if you have feedback on usage. thinking of using this to mount my GFX 50S II to my Sinar X. The contraption looks well thought out, and well made, and not very expensive. The attachment to the camera is direct to the bellows, and avoids the clash of the...
  6. P. Chong

F-zero

what do you guys think of this?
  7. P. Chong

Need recommendations for replacement ground glass

Hi all, the inevitable happened. In a fit of butter fingers, I dropped the ground glass of my Sinar X while trying to change orientation of the film back. And of course it broke. I am seeking recommendations on replacements. I know I can get a used Sinar ground glass, but I am looking at less...
  8. P. Chong

Is there a way to do LCC in ACR?

Hi all, I know we can do a reference frame and use it to correct for colour cast in Lightroom and Capture One, but anyone know how to do this with ACR? I don't use LR nor C1, but use Adobe Bridge, ACR and Photoshop...I know, Lr is in the same license package...but trying to avoid if possible...
  9. P. Chong

Anyone tried this bellows nd GFX adapter for large format cameras?

about to commit on a Sinar X for use with 4x5 film, but also intrigued with the idea of being able to use my GFX for my tabletop work. anyone used this contraption before? Looks legit and usable…even has the offset to align The sensor plane to the film plane tilt axis. Thoughts appreciated.
  10. P. Chong

For my markings on Sinar P3

Hi, what do the markings DIM and DI on the Sinar P3 stand for? I know they are for zero marks for smaller, medium formats. ** I meant format markings in the title. I just realised the error, but unable to edit the title.
  11. P. Chong

Formal bag for MF gear

I was recently a guest at a black tie event in the Louvre in Paris, and felt totally under dressed with my Billingham style camera bag. In the bag is my Fuji GFX 50S II with Hasselblad HC 2.8/80 attached to the H Adapter G, and the Hasselblad HCD 4/28 and Fujinon GF50. I am wondering if there...
  12. P. Chong

Some thoughts on the Fujifilm GFX 50S II

Wrote this article for my website, and thought it might be of interest to participants here. Click here for Why the GFX50S II is the ideal camera for my use case. image for interest, and shows my most used setup. Missing in the pic is my HCD 4/28 and my HC 3.5-4.5/50-110 lens. The zoom is...
  13. P. Chong

Hasselblad HTS + extension tube: attachment order

I wonder if anyone has tried the Hasselblad HTS1.5 and extension tube. I would imagine the proper way is to stick the desired HC lens to the extension tube which is then attached to the HTS. And mount that on the camera. Which is what I did when I borrowed a HTS, as in the picture below, which I...
  14. P. Chong

Thoughts on the Hasselblad 907X

Recently, I had the chance to try out the Hasselblad 907X 50C. And wrote about my thoughts on the camera and my specific use case. Links to the 3 part review below if you re interested. Part 1: Hasselblad 907X 50C...
  15. P. Chong

Leica S Type 007 in 2021?

Hi all, looking for more points of views, and perhaps to be talked out of making a purchase. I have had the opportunity to work with the Type 007 in 2019 for an extended period and enjoyed the camera very much. And recently came across a possibility to buy one to add to the stable for a pretty...
  16. P. Chong

Perhaps a silly question...but one regarding the Hasselblad 2900 mAh battery on the H3D body

I do not seem to be able to get the battery to 100% charge. I am using the original charger which came with my ancient H3D-39. The original battery is 1850 mAh, and charges to full, as shown in the battery status on the body. While charging the 2900 mAh battery on the same charger, I can only...
  17. P. Chong

Large format 4x6 and larger digital back?

Hi all, I wonder if you have come across this? A member at the GFX680 FB site posted this link. And it looks quite interesting, if they are able to pull it off. 4x5 sensor with more than 500MB for about $100k is super expensive, to be sure, but not totally out of line with the prices of say the...
  18. P. Chong

Interesting video w Ed Hurst

Apologies if this has been shared before, but I just saw this video. Good job Ed. Good video. Very impressive! Bravo. Btw, you gotta scroll past the first few minutes to when the host starts talking. And wait for the sound to come on. But by the time Ed comes on, sound and pic are all good.
  19. P. Chong

Schneider Kreuznach 120mm MF TS f/5.6 with extension tubes

I don't seem to be able to find the technical data - magnification, working distances of the 120mm TS lens with the Phase One Auto Extension Rings. Can anyone point me to the right direction? Appreciate any help. Thanks. B&H photo of said lens for visual effect. There was a Capture...
  20. P. Chong

GFX microlens discussion at Kasson

I was wondering what you guys think of the thoughts expressed in the following article. I believe Lloyd Chambers also wrote something similar. https://blog.kasson.com/gfx-50s/on-microlens-size-in-the-gfx-100-and-gfx-50r-s/...