The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. fmueller

Fun with M11 Monochrom

I should have my M11M in a few days. I’m sure I will do some side by side comparisons before the M10M goes up for sale, but I agree, the M11 “chassis“ is superior.
  2. fmueller

Fun with M11 Monochrom

Probably not a provocation. I am moving from M10M to M11M, not for image improvement which will likely be indistinguishable from M10M but for things like better battery life, commonality with M11, better EVF, electronic shutter (ND's no longer routinely needed), superior Leica Fotos...
  3. fmueller

END OF THE YEAR MESSAGE AND FUTURE OF GETDPI.COM

I think realigning the forums to reflect the relationship to Medium Format and Elements would be helpful to both the forums and the publications. I came here because of MF, but no longer use MF (just various Leica) but still subscribe to both MF and Elements because I find the content of both...
  4. fmueller

New M10 Monochrom - first walk

+1
  5. fmueller

New M10 Monochrom - first walk

I think you have chosen wisely! The M10M excels in low light. Do not be afraid to use high iso, really high iso… It’s not that it will be noise free, but the noise renders as grain might on classic B&W film. It’s delicious. I refer to my M10M as the camera that sees in the dark.
  6. fmueller

Leica M lens pricing

First I would do a search on the buy-sell forum at Fred Miranda Forums. Use the search function and narrow it down. They do a large enough volume of Leica buy and sells that you should get a fair idea. Generally items sell for listed or just a few percent lower than asked. A second resource...
  7. fmueller

New M11

I always comfort myself by remembering the price of film and developing. Or the cost building and maintaining my darkroom. I have a sub $1000 printer that cranks out archival prints, color and black and white (up to 17x22) of unimagined quality from 20 years ago. Yes, I still have my M6 and...
  8. fmueller

New M11

Yes, the reviewer is a Leica fan, but not a fanboy. I resisted Leica digital for a long time. I finally concluded that all the "value seeking" was costing me more money in the long run as I hopped around from one great value to the next that were large and bulky. After new kit enthusiasm waned...
  9. fmueller

SOLD:Rodenstock HR Digaron-W 40mm f/4 Lens w/Copal 0 shutter

Lens has been sold. Thanks all for interest.
  10. fmueller

SOLD:Rodenstock HR Digaron-W 40mm f/4 Lens w/Copal 0 shutter

Excellent Condition $5100 +shipping and insurance Designed for Cambo WRS/WDS technical cameras. Optimized for digital sensors The panel incorporates knob-driven, geared mechanisms for +/-5° of both tilt and swing movements. 90mm image circle. This lens sells new at B&H for $9510, but only...
  11. fmueller

Leica APO 50/2.0 vs. Voigtlander APO 50/2.0

It is. But the Summilux is a different look than either the Voigtlander or Leica APO 50/2,0. Or maybe it's all in my head? A distinct possibility.😵‍
  12. fmueller

Leica APO 50/2.0 vs. Voigtlander APO 50/2.0

I've owned both lenses--but not at the same time. First the Voigtlander APO 50/2.0. I returned it because I just didn't get along with it. It was sharp alright, I couldn't really fault it for that, but it was bigger than I was expecting and was worried it would just end up sitting on my shelf...
  13. fmueller

Going back from GFX100S to SL2

That matters. The Leica interface and quality is quite something. I moved away from the GFX100 to the Hasselblad 907 and CVFII 50C, because I wanted a dual purpose back that could also fit on my tech cam, and the Hasselblad interface and color science are really to my liking (second time with...
  14. fmueller

SL Lenses ...Understanding Depth of Field

High resolution sensors almost demand focus stacking to keep diffraction losses minimal. I recall my GFX100 would start showing diffraction losses beyond f8/f11. Nonetheless, I've only done limited focus stacking with a GFX100 (no longer owned) and my current Hasselblad CFVII 50C. My short take...
  15. fmueller

Hasselblad CFVII 50c back on SWC body ... who's tried it on an older SWC?

I've used the CVFII 50C back on an SWC/M and it worked great, I've since replaced the SWC/M I with a newer 903 SWC. Just keep in mind that with a CVFII 50C, your Superwide becomes a Slightlywide...;) but they work great together. Put the back on, tell (set) the back it's attached to a Hassy...
  16. fmueller

New Leica Heritage 50mm 1.2

Well, I happened upon a new 1.2/50 Noctilux. I confess that I have become enamored with its wide open/near wide open look. However, it is not easy to use well. Wide open it is only sharp in the very center, that means, for instance a portrait with the eye off center, wide open, is problematic...
  17. fmueller

What is "composing in camera"?

Very thoughtful comments from all. My addition is: Whenever I ignore "composing in camera", I often wish I had thought just a bit more about the edges of the frame. It's not that I'm afraid to crop, I will and I do, but failing to include something in the frame is a much harder fix "in post"...
  18. fmueller

What's Hasselblad Been Up To?

Same here, I even "downgraded" from a GFX100 to the 907x. The 50mp sensor in the GFX50, the CVFII50C and the Pentax 645Z is surely one of the finest sensors ever made and has shown a life cycle like no other sensor I can think of. Hasselblad users will argue that the color science of the...