The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. bensonga

Cambo Actus-MV

I was wondering if anyone here has experience using this model of the Cambo Actus. The Actus has interested me for quite some time. Based on my experience in the 80s & 90s using 4x5 view cameras, I was hoping for more movements on the rear standard than the various Actus B/G models. The XL is...
  2. bensonga

DP Merrill and DP Quattro Images Compared

I did not have a tripod with me on the day I took these photos with my DP3M and dp3Q, so the framing is not exact, but I did shoot them at the same aperture and tried to get exposures that were very close. In some cases I've adjusted the brightness level slightly in post-processing. These are...
  3. bensonga

5DS vs 5DSR image details in prints

If there is anyone here with direct experience using both of these cameras I would like to know if you see more fine details of an image captured with the 5DSR when printed on 13x19 inches or somewhat larger paper sizes. For me, a print is always my ultimate goal and I’m not concerned about...
  4. bensonga

Sigma 105/2.8 DG DN Art Macro

Nice to see Sigma continuing to release more lenses specifically designed for the mirrorless L and E mount cameras. I already have the Sigma 70/2.8 DG Art Macro lens in both Sigma and L-mounts. I prefer the longer 100-105mm focal length for several reasons, so I placed an order for this new...
  5. bensonga

Using non-Leica L-mount AF lenses on a Leica SL/SL2

I have a few Panasonic and Sigma L-mount AF lenses to use with my Pana S1 and S1r. I recently bought a used Leica SL. It has firmware 3.7 installed. When I mounted my Panasonic 50/1.4 Pro S lens on the SL it appears that only the Aperture Priority and Manual exposure modes are available...
  6. bensonga

Manual focus assist on the S1/S1R

I bought a S1 a few weeks ago with the best of intentions...ie to use it primarily with my extensive collection of Leica R lenses. Since the S1 camera and lenses were available at a good price (very lightly use rentals), I also bought a few S Pro AF lenses (50/1.4, 24-105/4 and 70-200/4). Fast...
  7. bensonga

PL 200/2.8 lens

Has anyone here owned or used this lens? There are a couple of new copies available from Adorama at a $1000 discount from the usual price (including the 1.4x teleconverter of course). For $1499, it is tempting. My memory was just refreshed I recall that Louis had this lens. Gary
  8. bensonga

Coming Oly 300/4 Pro price increase

FYI for anyone like me who has wanted this lens.... The price here in the USA will be going up by $400 in February 2020. I have wanted this lens for quite awhile, but have been waiting/hoping for a lens rebate greater than the usual $200. A friend of mine often says "Spend now to save!" That...
  9. bensonga

RIP Robert Frank

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/10/arts/robert-frank-dead-americans-photography.html His "The Americans" is certainly a 20th century icon of documentary photography. It is one of those books I enjoy looking thru again and again. Gary
  10. bensonga

How many Four Thirds camera users are here? (not m43)

I just spent some time looking thru threads on this forum going back to the first one I could find on 10/27/2008. I was looking for threads on the Four Thirds cameras and lenses. This was right about the time that m43 cameras were introduced and so naturally the vast majority of new threads were...
  11. bensonga

DPM and sdQ comparisons

In the office today with both my DP2M and sd Quattro with the 30mm f1.4 Art lens. Decided to take a short break and take a few images to compare the results. Nothing scientific, just a first look. Both of these images were shot at ISO 100 and f5.6. I lightly processed the X3F files in SPP...
  12. bensonga

XF 200mm f2 WR lens

Any one here with this seemingly rare and impressive lens? Photos etc to share? https://www.thephoblographer.com/2018/12/18/review-fujifilm-xf-200mm-f2-ois-wr-fujifilm-x-mount/ https://www.photographyblog.com/reviews/fujifilm_xf_200mm_f2_r_lm_ois_wr_review Gary
  13. bensonga

Ilford Washi Torinoko paper

Hi all, Has anyone here made inkjet prints on this or similar "Washi" type papers? I recently purchased a box of Ilford Prestige Washi Torinoko paper. I am trying to decide which type of images might look best on this paper. At $2.40 USD for an 8.5x11 inch sheet, I don't want to waste too...
  14. bensonga

Sigma L-Mount cameras and lenses

I thought it would be good to have a thread for the Sigma L mount developments. Hopefully it will be a FF Foveon sensor camera. https://www.mirrorlessrumors.com/sigma-rumored-to-launch-new-l-mount-lenses-new-l-mount-adapters-and-even-a-new-l-mount-camera/ Gary
  15. bensonga

PL 50-200 lens

I was just wondering if anyone here has seen, received or used this lens yet? Gary
  16. bensonga

Leica and Zeiss combined?

Purely speculation at this time of course. I don't know enough about the financial strength of Zeiss to know if this would be a good or bad thing for either or both companies over the long term...
  17. bensonga

Leica Modifies/Ends Free Sensor Replacement Program for M9/M9P/ME/MM Bodies

As posted on the Leica Forum and LUG today, based on an email reportedly sent to registered owners by Leica: Latest information concerning the CCD sensors of the Leica M9 / M9-P / M Monochrom and M-E camera models. Following the successfully implemented and largely completed replacement...
  18. bensonga

Mamiya 645 AF APO 300/4.5 experience?

Hi folks, I'm considering this lens to use with my 645AFD II/film and DF bodies with the P25+ and Aptus II 5. I was wondering if some of you have experience with this lens on these or similar digital backs. I have the AF 210/4 ULD lens and have been impressed with it, so thought I might try...
  19. bensonga

WTB: Mamiya DM33/DM22 or Leaf Aptus-II 5/7

In Mamiya mount of course, for a RZ67 ProIID. Please send me a note with condition and price. Thanks! Gary
  20. bensonga

Images of every day objects...

The things we touch and use quite often in our daily lives. Some are beautiful in their own right, others are so utilitarian we hardly give them a second thought. Looking back at my own images over so many years, I realize now how often I have been drawn to take photos of these objects, for a...