The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Alpa Lens Mount wobbels..

eisbaer

I noticed that with my Rodenstock 70mm HR lens I can’t focus to infinity any more. No I checked the Alpa lens mount and it wobbels a little. So I guess it’s 0,5mm farer away from the sensor. Can this be the reason that I can’t focus to infinity anymore? And is there a chance that I can fix it myself? I have the Alpa universal screwdriver with me. I am currently traveling so it would be great if there’s an easy solution.
or do I have to send it back to Alpa or Rodenstock?
Frank

dchew

Depends where it is on the lens mount. I don't have the 70hr any more, but most of these mounts have three or four screws at the base where the lens mounts to the square Alpa mount. See if those are loose. If you have an HPF ring mounted you will have to take that off to access the screws.

Another option: If you have a digital back with live view and use it to focus, just go into the digital back adapter and remove some of the shims. That will make all your lenses focus farther. You just have to remember to always focus; the infinity stop will be a little past infinity. After you get back you can critically evaluate the root cause of what is going on.

Dave

vjbelle

If it is loose then for sure you want to tighten the mounting screws. Make SURE that you are using high quality tools and the correct size screw driver. It should be a very easy fix.

Good luck....

Victor B.