The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Any experience with Skylum Luminar Neo?

drevil

Staff member
Hi All,

does anybody here has experience with the NEO version of luminar?

i am especially interested in the two features of automatic dust removal and power lines removal.

With best regards

Mirko

Yes! I end up using Luminar Neo as a plugin...and got it just for power line removal. For architectural photography, It does a pretty solid job if the power lines are over sky or something with consistent detail, but it tends to do odd stuff when your power lines cross areas of changing architectural detail. I can post an image if you're curious, but in the instances where I have to retouch out power lines, I find Neo will get to the 85% or so point pretty quickly.

My usual workflow is to open up an image from C1 in Ps, duplicate the background layer, run Neo on the (new) top layer, and then mask problem/missed areas out. Then throw a third layer on top for the fiddly retouching.