The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Do Not walk into Leica Stores

algrove

On Holiday in Europe and after visiting 5 stores I recanted.

Leica "O" Series-bought one in Munich. At least I got a free roll of film and a one year warranty. Now if I shoot the roll how will I protect the images on the roll without having it developed over here since all my lead lined bags are at home across the pond.

Turns out most stores cannot get the APO 35/2.0 nor the 50/1.4 new issue. Also Monochrom M11M in VERY short supply. Each store said they have 5 waiting for each item they readily cannot get. Most were not only surprised to see an M11M being used plus an APO 35/2.0 in the hands of an M11M owner.

Knorp

Crikey - a free roll of film and now you have to shoot it. What a desperate situation, Lou ... 😂
But surely you could buy a lead lined bag somewhere in Europe ...

All the best.

algrove

Crikey - a free roll of film and now you have to shoot it. What a desperate situation, Lou ... 😂
But surely you could buy a lead lined bag somewhere in Europe ...

All the best.
OR just shoot it and get it developed in Zurich for example.

Anyone know of a good developer in Zurich or Munich if I shoot the roll like tomorrow for a 24 hour return service?

f6cvalkyrie

Your advice is equivalent to mine : do not buy an M11M, nor a 35/2.0APO, in the woods ... :) :) :)

Watch your CC,
Rafael

dj may

Contact ars-imago for a film developer reference. They sell developing supplies.

I do my own film developing and have purchased from them.

doccdiamond

OR just shoot it and get it developed in Zurich for example.

Anyone know of a good developer in Zurich or Munich if I shoot the roll like tomorrow for a 24 hour return service?
Ars-Imago send them out to Italy? - that's why it takes so long. There is one shop which a developing unit in house, not sure about the turnaround time:

www.camerastore.ch

Reactions: spb