The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Dorthea Lange Digital Archive

Smoothjazz

I wanted to share something I came across recently online (thanks to a Nat Geo e-mail); the Dorthea Lange Digital Archive- has over 600 of her depression era photos to view and enjoy. Looking through her photographs really brought me to appreciate her work even more. The archive is maintained by the Oakland Museum of California, and can be found at: dorothealange.museumca.org

Dorothea Lange Digital Archive | OMCA: Oakland Museum of CA | OMCA: Oakland Museum of California | Home
I learned some perspective from her, regarding framing of photos; sometimes a picture of a person's back, or just their hands and chest. One can also appreciate the amount of time and effort it would have taken to travel around the country to acquire this body of photographic work.

Last edited: