The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Extensive Hasselblad X2D coverage

spb

Staff member
Well one big improvement is the lenses. They now can be zone focussed as they have the markings. So in my mind that is a big plus.

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Seems at least one person does not think the lenses are sharper than the competition, i was hoping that they were given the sample variation the GFX lenses have. https://blog.kasson.com/x2d/38-cxd-on-x2d-45-gf-on-gfx-100s-foliage-edge-crops/
That comparison is a perfect example of why I got rid of my GF system (I moved to a GFX 100 for the IBIS) and am building up the Hassy X again. And I'm happy enough with the XCD 45, so see no need for the 38. The 90/2.5 has promise.

Last edited:

Knorp

Then how do you read this from the same comparison ...
"Overall, the only important differences are in the f/2.8 shots, where the XCD falls short of the GF lens. Based on the price of the XCD lens, I am disappointed".
:unsure:

Anyway, I'd love an X2D and not only for its looks ... (y)

SrMphoto

Then how do you read this from the same comparison ...
On the other hand, Lloyd Chambers' extensive test of 38V concludes that wide-open performance is astonishingly good, and at f/4, it outperforms all GF lenses of similar focal length.

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
"Sample variation? In my medium format lenses?"
It's more likely than you think!

SrMphoto

Interesting, would this imply performance depends on which guru you adhere to ?
No, it depends on how you read the results measured and understand why the individual reviewers made their comments about the lens.
The best way to evaluate remains to use the lens and camera yourself because you will evaluate it within your workflow.