The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fuji lens repair question

Greg Haag

I have a fuji GF 23mm that needs repairing. I purchased this used, so when I go to the fuji website I am unable to register it. Is there a third party repair shop someone could recommend? I think it is possible the focus motor is bad.
Thanks,
Greg

rdeloe

Have you contacted the Fuji repair center in New Jersey directly and asked about this? Here in Canada, I found it was much more productive to deal directly with staff from the Canadian center, rather than to futz around with the website.

vjbelle

Greg..... I would't let anyone other than Fuji repair your/my lens. I had to send a lens in that was out of warranty and it's an easy process. They will provide you with a label (that you will have to pay for) and once they get the lens they will send you an estimate (maximum amount). You accept or reject. The repair could be less than the estimate as it was with mine. I did initially talk with someone who just directed me to the proper web page.

Victor B.

Greg Haag

Have you contacted the Fuji repair center in New Jersey directly and asked about this? Here in Canada, I found it was much more productive to deal directly with staff from the Canadian center, rather than to futz around with the website.
Thanks Rob!

Greg Haag

Greg..... I would't let anyone other than Fuji repair your/my lens. I had to send a lens in that was out of warranty and it's an easy process. They will provide you with a label (that you will have to pay for) and once they get the lens they will send you an estimate (maximum amount). You accept or reject. The repair could be less than the estimate as it was with mine. I did initially talk with someone who just directed me to the proper web page.

Victor B.
Thanks Victor, sounds like it is unanimous! Do you have any Photography excursions coming up?

vjbelle

Going to the Oregon/California coast with my wife in October and a month later to Carmel. In Spring going to Italy - Dolomites and Tuscany. We were going to venture into Venice for three days but the dates coincide with Easter and Venice becomes a place to avoid at Easter.

I neglected to mention that Fuji turn around time is very fast.

Paul2660

Early 23mm lenses had a issue with the focus motor. If your lens is within 6 months of the original warranty Fuji US may help on cost. My 23mm was the least used lens in my kit. Focus motor went out. 9 months after warranty. Fix cost 459.00. Since the fix it’s worked fine. Optically has always been great. Used the Fuji US repair center. If you can’t get it worked out on website give them a call. Very helpful.

Paul
Paul

Greg Haag

Early 23mm lenses had a issue with the focus motor. If your lens is within 6 months of the original warranty Fuji US may help on cost. My 23mm was the least used lens in my kit. Focus motor went out. 9 months after warranty. Fix cost 459.00. Since the fix it’s worked fine. Optically has always been great. Used the Fuji US repair center. If you can’t get it worked out on website give them a call. Very helpful.

Paul
Paul
Thank you Paul!