The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images 2024

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
. . . . . . . and like today, I had too much gear .

Matt , that rings a thousand bells here . And I am unable to sell any gear . I love my gear and , call me nuts , sometimes talk to the beautiful members of my HASSELBLD collection . 🙃🙃🙃
I think we're all nuts. :ROFLMAO:

So 40 years ago. I lived in the Bay Area, but was visiting NYC. This bridge is in Central Park. Pentax 67 with ???, but it's Medium Format, right?

The funny bit is that I later moved to NYC and have lived about 100 yards from that spot for the past 25 years.

Matt

Last edited:

jng

Light Show by John Ngai, on Flickr
X2D | XCD 21 | f/4 | 11s | ISO 800​
There was quite the light show going on over my neighbor's house last night here in Northern California. While I was too lazy to find a spot for a more artistic composition, luckily I didn't need to go far (my front stoop) to witness the spectacle.

John

P.S. I was recently made aware of the ability to focus the lens to infinity with a simple push of the "M" button customized for the task. Seems accurate enough and obviates a lot of fumbling about in the dark.

Last edited:

GeorgeBo

I'll join in with the terrible color cast issues people were having with their sensors last night :p
This one from close to the central Virginia/North Carolina border. Visiting where I grew up and the barn I used to play in. Never in a million years would I have thought this view would have been possible from there.

Fireflies joined in too.

100X0218-1.jpg
GFX 100 II / Noct-NIKKOR 58mm/1.2 adapted and uncropped.

Last edited:

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
This started out as a face-detect question, namely, could it handle glasses. (Answer, nope.) But I was tethered and found that I could put the focus square completely inside the glasses lens, and it worked perfectly. It also made a fairly accurate self-portrait. :cool:

X2D, XCD 135/2.8 on tripod, tethered to Phocus.

Matt

Last edited:

anwarp

This started out as a face-detect question, namely, could it handle glasses. (Answer, nope.) But I was tethered and found that I could put the focus square completely inside the glasses lens, and it worked perfectly. It also made a fairly accurate self-portrait. :cool:

Matt
Looks @lookbook like, but for the very slightly crooked horizon!

lookbook

Matt
Looks @lookbook like, but for the very slightly crooked horizon!

naked photographer !
Fujifilm GFX 100s | Fujinon GF45mm F2.8 R WR
LookBook has a smaller horizon than Mr. Grayson,
but his horizon is straight -
and he doesn't pull his hair out either!!! : )

cunim

Just saying: that first image needs some attention.
It’s a b/w conversion of a vertical panorama. formatted 8 x 10, and some gradients and vignette in LR. No other editing. The blotchy bits in the trees are red paint. Does it need something more - or less?