The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images 2024

Knorp

It’s a b/w conversion of a vertical panorama. formatted 8 x 10, and some gradients and vignette in LR. No other editing. The blotchy bits in the trees are red paint. Does it need something more - or less?
Mmm, red paint hey ? I’d say it looks weird/distracting in this b/w conversion.

chriswebb

Late Spring Afternoon III Display P3 (screen) 20240512-1.jpg

CFV II 50C | Rodenstock HR Sinaron W 90 | Switched my process up to use export a16Bit tiff from Phocus in LR instead of using the raw file directly. These colors are untouched in LR and only exposure adjustment and stitching (2 shot pano). This was my first shot. May not match up 100% due to wind but the light was best here in the background. I got a bunch more as I perfected my process.

Last edited:

stngoldberg

Dwight Eisenhower was an avid golfer. While he was president, he enjoyed golfing here at the Newport Country Club and he quartered in Navy housing on the naval base here.
The property that he occupied is now known as the ”Eisenhower House” and now be rented out for weddings and other special events.
Here is an image I took this weekIMG_0209.jpeg

wattsy

The Dunstable Downs in Bedfordshire is one of the best locations in the UK for the Duke of Burgundy (Hamearis Lucina) butterfly and, during most of May, it can be found along many of the byways and footpaths that criss-cross the chalk escarpment.

All photos with the 907x CFV II 50C and 28P, a combination that couldn't be less suited for photographing the actual butterfly (which has a wing span around 30mm) 😂 so I mostly photographed the habitat.

The Dunstable Downs in Bedfordshire is one of the best locations in the UK for the Duke of Burgundy (Hamearis Lucina) butterfly and, during most of May, it can be found along many of the byways and footpaths that criss-cross the chalk escarpment.

All photos with the 907x CFV II 50C and 28P, a combination that couldn't be less suited for photographing the actual butterfly (which has a wing span around 30mm) 😂 so I mostly photographed the habitat.

I really enjoy seeing what you can do with the 28p! While it might not have the same performance as the new 25v, the rendering, size, and price of the 28p really is impressive!

John Leathwick

This image is of a New Zealand fur seal colony at Kaikoura, on the east coast of New Zealand's South Island. The limestone geology makes for an array of different sleeping options, including the 'hammock' in the centre of the image. This image could have equally found a home in the cameras for aging photographers thread, given that it was taken with a diminutive Fujinon A 180/9, which with its lens plate weighs in at 262 gm. Its optical performance is close to, if not ahead of the Mamiya RZ 180 that I've used previously at this focal length, but that weighed in at nearly 4x the weight. Its hard to find all the seals in this image, but I make it at least 20...

John

Kaikoura seals lazing.jpg

Last edited:

anwarp

I was at the Shuttleworth air show last weekend. They have an amazing collection, including working (flying) aeroplanes over a century old. Unfortunately, it was a little windy and I did not have the opportunity to see them fly. Perhaps another year...

This was really fun with medium format. I was perhaps the only (serious) photographer trying to shoot aircraft with Medium Format camera, hand-held and without image stabilisation! Phones don't count!

I used a Phase One XF with the IQ4 150 and Mamiya 300 mm lens. I did consider using the SK240 instead, but decided on the longer reach and slightly lower weight. I could not use a low enough shutter speed to blur the propellers properly and keep the image reasonably sharp while panning. The lowest speed I managed was about 1/160s. All images were shot shutter-priority.

Shuttleworth Air show_001.jpg

Shuttleworth Air show_002.jpg

Shuttleworth Air show_003.jpg

Shuttleworth Air show_004.jpg

Anwar