The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Sony Cameras 2022

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member

I went to Florida in May 2022. Going to Brian Piccolo Park to photograph burrowing owls was my top priority. Instead of one day, I ended up going there for 3 days. I obsessed with their big innocent eyes.

It was a rainy day in late afternoon. I was in and out of a car due to pouring rain. Finally there were 6 of them coming out of a hole. They were inactive and I could tell it was their naptimes as they closed their eyes almost all the time. Although there was a marching band practice nearby which was very loud, they still barely open their eyes.

After waiting in a position for a long time and I started to get sleepy, luck was on my side. A big dog came to rescue! It walked to toward them and barked repetitively. Suddenly, miracle happened. They all opened their eyes. My patience paid off. I snapped shots repetitively. Within seconds, most of them were gone.

Pramote

scho

Processing some old Sony A7c images from the pandemic era (quiet places with few people around). This was at Sapsucker Woods in the public pond viewing area in the lab of ornithology. My wife and I were the only ones there in addition to the receptionist near the entrance. Shot with an old Contax N 24-85 in a Fringer AF adapter.

scho

Processing some old Sony A7c images from the pandemic era (quiet places with few people around). This was at Sapsucker Woods in the public pond viewing area in the lab of ornithology. My wife and I were the only ones there in addition to the receptionist near the entrance. Shot with an old Contax N 24-85 in a Fringer AF adapter.

4season

Hazy late-December morning above Boulder Colorado.
_DSC2972.jpg
Not long after snapping this photo, we encountered heavy cloud cover which seemed to extend from the Colorado Rocky Mountains, almost all the way to Hawaii. The cluster of buildings standing alone on the mesa is the National Center for Atmospheric Research (NCAR).
_DSC2972 detail.jpg