The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Hasselblad 907x

FloatingLens

In my experience, the 38 Biogon is an extremely potent lens even on digital. But it is difficult to achieve maximum DOF because the plane of what's in focus on digital curves like crazy at f4,5. Stopped down to f11, it gets well-behaved. To me it has a very transparent look. See example below.

I understand that nobody wants to buy an SWC just to use it as difficult-to-tame medium wide. The lens is still a gem.

hasselblad 503cw

In my experience, the 38 Biogon is an extremely potent lens even on digital. But it is difficult to achieve maximum DOF because the plane of what's in focus on digital curves like crazy at f4,5. Stopped down to f11, it gets well-behaved. To me it has a very transparent look. See example below.

I understand that nobody wants to buy an SWC just to use it as difficult-to-tame medium wide. The lens is still a gem.

Yes, SWC/M is still one of my most favourite camera. just love it, don't ask me why, love is love, don't ask.

sjg284

907x 100c & 28p
First outing with the combo
I know some call it a "street lens" but that seems more like a weight/size thing.. so far it feels a bit too wide for street in my use.
Particularly at this focal length ensuring you keep the horizon level while handheld because its much harder to tweak in post..
It is a great lens though, and I do like the close up ability.

5-11-24_HB907x_0014 by Steve, on Flickr

wattsy

28p
I know some call it a "street lens" but that seems more like a weight/size thing..
It's Hasselblad themselves that have been calling it a "street" lens and much of the promotional "buzz" at launch reflected that. The weight/size thing is certainly one factor in that description but I also think it is Hasselblad being cautious because the lens has a number of optical quirks that are less than ideal for demanding landscape or architectural use.

Attachments

KlausJH

What I like about the C Sonnar is the creamy bokeh, the background separation, the colors, the size and that it works on a 44x33 sensor. However, it is not an allrounder for everything. The design is from 1932 with a modern coating. It is never sharp in the corners but from f/1.5 to f/2 very moody and can create a dreamy look.
It is great for people photography but difficult to nail the focus. I don't use it very often but will keep it forever. So, yes, I like it very much. (And the extreme focus shift is not an issue with a mirrorless).