The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Sigma fp and fp L

scho

First walk with the Sigma fp L at the Cornell Arboretum ponds. Canon 16-35 f/4 L in a Sigma EF-L adapter. All shots handheld using lens stabilization and AF. Raw files processed in LR Classic and exported to Flickr as 50% jpegs (click for the larger image).

Last edited:

scho

Checking out the Canon TS-E 24/3.5 L II on the fp L. This image is stitched from 3 shots using rise/fall adjustments to create a vertical pano. Also was trying ISO 6 in the fp L. Final image was about 100 MP. Click image below for the 50% version that was uploaded.

agfa100

So Carl did you get the EVF with your Sigma and how do you like it.... I have the standard fp and keep thinking about it except for the price. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

scho

No, I did not purchase the EVF and probably won't in the future. I'm quite comfortable using the LCD on this small camera.

OleBe

The EVF is amazing. Have bought it for my fp. Tend to use it most often when the sun is really bright. Often the LCD does suffice and keeps the profile low.

scho

I finally got around to trying the fp L on the Cambo Actus. Couple of test shots in the house (we had 0 degrees this AM and took awhile to warm up to 6) using an old, but still lovely, Leica R 35-70 Vario-Elmar f/4 Macro lens. This little zoom provides a useful range of focal lengths for adjusting composition on the Actus, in addition to the usual rise/fall and shift movements. Both of these were shot at 50mm f/11 ISO 100. Two shots using rise/fall for the first and 3 shots with lateral shift for the second. Images stitched with Photomerge in LR.

stevev

Hi scho,

You and are I seem to be among the few (only?) people here using the Cambo Actus and fp L combination.

How are you finding it? Are you using any large or medium format lenses wit it?

Cheers,
Steve.

scho

I haven't done any serious work with the Actus and fp L yet. I have used the Pentax - A 35mm, Actar 60mm, Schneider 47mm, Rodenstock 55, Sinar 75mm, Leica R 35-70, and several HB V lenses. So far I like the Cambo Actar 60 and Pentax 35 best of the bunch.

stevev

Interesting. Is that the Schneider Super Angulon 47mm f/5.6 XL? If so, so you have any problems using movements at infinity and how are the fully shifted edges in terms of sharpness?

Thanks,
Steve.

scho

Interesting. Is that the Schneider Super Angulon 47mm f/5.6 XL? If so, so you have any problems using movements at infinity and how are the fully shifted edges in terms of sharpness?

Thanks,
Steve.
No, it is the APO-DIGITAR 5.6/47 XL-100 MC and really not that great with only +-5 degrees of shift

KC_2020

Housebound today. Playing with some kitchen counter still lifes in dim window light. fp L with Canon EF TS-E 50/2.8 L
Nice images. The TS-E 50 is a very sharp lens.

So did you employ a little tilt and shoot fairly open with these ?

That's what it looks like to me.