The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad 100C and 35XL

Paul Spinnler

I've yet to see banding with the 50hr, 90n, 100apo symmar, or 150n. Shifted or unshifted.
The effect appears with wide angles – I suppose you'd see it with the 32, 40 when shifting ... ie as soon as you have more pronounced angles of light onto the sensor, despite retrofocus design.

Steve mentioned he saw it, with which lens?

TimoK

There is a dust removal feature in Capture One, but not in Phocus. Once you click Create LCC, you'll have a dialog that allows a Dust Removal process. Then once the LCC process is accomplished, you can check the box if you wish to use the Dust Removal correction.

Steve Hendrix/CI
I don't have Phocus or Capture One (anymore), so I have to ask simple questions first. Do I understand it right if I think that C1 does not take .3fr files but you have to convert them to .dng files in Phocus to make them editable?

If that's the way to go, is it possible to take a photo shifted so much as possible and a flat field shot with the same shift ( this is important!) and then to convert those files to .dng in Phocus and then continue editing in C!? Can you use the .dng file as LCC correction file in C1? You should do the LCC correction at the dust removal mode.

I hope you will try this workflow .

Steve Hendrix

I don't have Phocus or Capture One (anymore), so I have to ask simple questions first. Do I understand it right if I think that C1 does not take .3fr files but you have to convert them to .dng files in Phocus to make them editable?

If that's the way to go, is it possible to take a photo shifted so much as possible and a flat field shot with the same shift ( this is important!) and then to convert those files to .dng in Phocus and then continue editing in C!? Can you use the .dng file as LCC correction file in C1? You should do the LCC correction at the dust removal mode.

Hi Timo, you can edit Hasselblad files in Capture One by using a metadata editor. However, this is a very clunky workflow, and in addition to that, the color is poor compared to the raw file coming through Phocus (or even Adobe). I have not tried creating an LCC with a metadata-modified Hasselblad file in Capture One, not certain if this would work or not.

Steve Hendrix/CI

usm

yes you can do LCC in C1 after editing exif (you have to change th term "Hasselblad" in what ever you want).
I converted and edited the files from diggles in C1, but C1 can't do anything against the lines.

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
In other words: we have decided to turn our clients into beta testers to save time and money on testing. We are now waiting for the solution worked out by our clients so we can apply it cheaply.
:)
You are uniquely fortunate to have experienced only perfect deliverables. In my 45 years of professional life, I have only *once* seen an error-free implementation of anything on the first try. It was a typesetting without typos of a four page paper in the journal Inventiones Mathematicae. Everything else, whether supplied by me or received by me, was - in some small or large way - unfinished.

Last edited:

TimoK

yes you can do LCC in C1 after editing exif (you have to change th term "Hasselblad" in what ever you want).
I converted and edited the files from diggles in C1, but C1 can't do anything against the lines.
Did you assign that "Dust removal"?

There is a dust removal feature in Capture One, but not in Phocus. Once you click Create LCC, you'll have a dialog that allows a Dust Removal process. Then once the LCC process is accomplished, you can check the box if you wish to use the Dust Removal correction.

Steve Hendrix/CI

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
This was portrait image with 10mm of rise. Natural processing - bit of messing with sky as I would to process the image. Makes it useless.
I am not doubting you, but I am surprised. The dust spot is much more visible than the banding, and an LCC would get rid of the dust perfectly. As for "useless", again, I'm not trying to impose my own (low) standards, but the artifacts in the upper right corner of this

are clearly visible in the print, and not one person has noticed it. This was a flaw in my Leica S(006) that showed up under this (admittedly extreme) post-processing.

I hope Hassy comes out with a fix soon!

Matt

Niddiot

Anyone have wide (23-35mm) Rodie HRs to test on the CFV100C?

I'll second the recommendation for everyone to report this to Hasselblad - also the need to correct distortion on shifted Rodie lenses.
I tested the 35 HR and lines visible at 10mm shift.

Niddiot

I am not doubting you, but I am surprised. The dust spot is much more visible than the banding, and an LCC would get rid of the dust perfectly. As for "useless", again, I'm not trying to impose my own (low) standards, but the artifacts in the upper right corner of this

are clearly visible in the print, and not one person has noticed it. This was a flaw in my Leica S(006) that showed up under this (admittedly extreme) post-processing.

I hope Hassy comes out with a fix soon!

Matt
LOL, sorry - yes useless a bit of an overreaction perhaps as it is OK up to about 5mm and the same as I could get with the old back. I didnt use an LCC and didnt de dust my sensor because it was a lazy test in the garden.
Perhaps they wont be visible print even if they are hiding in plain sight.

Paul Spinnler

I think there should be no banding at all – that's a very basic "wish" for a DIGITAL BACK to be used with RODENSTOCK TECH CAM lenses ... I mean an important reason to get the DIGITAL BACK version of the Hassy camera is to use it on a modular tech cam.

Very surprised to also see it with Rodie glass – it means somehow that the tech cam use case hadn't been tested thoroughly or the R&D team didn't have this on their radar somehow which is peculiar. Clearly, it can be used with X or V lenses, but that no one flagged this ...

Maybe Rodie wide-angles are so expensive that the R&D team didn't have some to try :)

Alkibiades

I can sadly confirm that with 35mm Rodenstock HR Digaron that 10mm of shift gives banding. View attachment 211162
this are very sad news, as this back seems to be the first digital back that have any issues with Digaron-S HR 35 mm- till now all existing backs funcions very weill with this lens. So a new world record? ( sorry , but this make me so sarcastic)

Last edited: