The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad Closes NJ Office

jecxz

Hasselblad is closing its NJ Service Office

Over the years I have received excellent service from Hasselblad. The most recent, perhaps 2 years ago, my HC100 was rapidly repaired and shipped back. Hasselblad NJ has supported my equipment issues numerous times. I hope their service does not take a hit with this decision.

I have always said Hasselblad is a boutique company, not a bad thing; I have written about my experiences with them here:

Kind regards,
Derek

PapaJoe

You're correct, Derek. I posted the message to the other forum. The message from Hasselblad was in regards to the repair of an XCD lens that I had shipped to NJ for service:
I wanted to inform you that the Hasselblad service office in New Jersey is closing. The office will relocate to California. Your equipment will be shipped to the California location for repair. Please be aware that the new office will open at the end of the month, so there will be a delay with your repair. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks

Anthony McCall
Hasselblad Technical Support Representative
Hasselblad Inc. | 11 Commerce Dr. Suite 210 Cranford, NJ 07016, USA
phone 800-367-6434 x305 | [email protected]
Like you, I have received excellent service from the NJ service office. Unfortunately, the original X1D camera (circa 2017) was fraught with bugs and parts that failed, so my camera(s) went back several times. The service was always fast and the service staff was always courteous. I can only hope that this relocation doesn't result in a degradation in service quality or response time. We'll know soon enough.

Papa Joe

Last edited:

jecxz

Like you, I have received excellent service from the NJ service office. Unfortunately, the original X1D camera (circa 2017) was fraught with bugs and parts that failed, so my camera(s) went back several times. The service was always fast and the service staff was always courteous. I can only hope that his relocation doesn't result in a degradation in service quality or response time. We'll know soon enough.

Papa Joe
Thinking positive thoughts, Joe!

Last edited:

BFD

Nice. I just sent a lens there a month ago. It's been sitting a while with no update and I just asked the other day on status and they said the technician has been out sick—LOL.

richardman

Getting my 203FE and 907x back from them on Wednesday, with "eh?" on diagnosis - the CFV back drains the battery on the 203FE consistently within less than a day.

Anyway, I was also told that their 200 series technician retired last year. La sigh.

itsdoable

Why all the negativity. They stayed in NJ until the last 200 series repair technician fully retired.

Hasselblad_NewJersy.jpg
Haaselblad New Jersey

Hasselblad_LosAngeles.jpg
Hasselblad Los Angeles

(this post is tongue and cheek... ;)

Pieter 12

Just got this announcement:

WE'RE MOVING TO A NEW LOCATION!
HASSELBLAD INC.
201 S. VICTORY BLVD.
BURBANK, CA 91502 USA

Dear Customers,

In order to improve our services, we are moving the US Hasselblad service center to a new location in Burbank, California, starting November 7, 2022. Please update your records with our new address.

Due to this adjustment, our US repair service may experience temporary delays. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

To learn more about this change or to contact customer support, please e-mail us at [email protected]

We expect to complete this move by the end of November 2022. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

glaiben

I queried US service about a new phone number this morning - response was that the new phone lines have not yet been set up. So, the number will change - suspect by the end of the month.

I also learned that "You will be working with a new service and support team in California." Seems not all [or any??] team members will be moving to California. Can't say that I blame them for what would be an expensive move. As a result, they will lose a bit of institutional knowledge.

...gregg

FloatingLens

I also learned that "You will be working with a new service and support team in California." Seems not all [or any??] team members will be moving to California. Can't say that I blame them for what would be an expensive move. As a result, they will lose a bit of institutional knowledge.
Anyway, that's awfully close to DJI's CA HQ, isn't it? :cool: