The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad service for V-system equipment?

Godfrey

With the passing of David Odess, I wonder who to send my V-system lenses and bodies to when they needs service. My old Planar 80/2.8 T* could use some looking after, who would you recommend?

Thanks in advance!
G

B L

Hi, If you dont mind sending your "v" to UK, https://www.classicv.co.uk/ is ex Hasselblad service person. I have used his service three times and very happy. I think import or export cost should be nil as the transit is for service/repair.

Godfrey

Thanks for the references!
I'm in the SF Bay Area part of California ... I don't mind sending my gear to the UK, but a US service and repair business consumes less money and time in shipping.

There's no rush, I'm just trying to think ahead to when I want this gear serviced. That Planar 80 is developing a funky aperture ring control...

G

Pieter 12

Thanks for the references!
I'm in the SF Bay Area part of California ... I don't mind sending my gear to the UK, but a US service and repair business consumes less money and time in shipping.

There's no rush, I'm just trying to think ahead to when I want this gear serviced. That Planar 80 is developing a funky aperture ring control...

G
With all the professional photographers in the SF area, there has to be at least a couple of proficient techs.

Godfrey

Regards Hasselblad equipment, the shop I know of is Camera West, but I don't know what their service and such on V system equipment is like.

G

Ai_Print

I had a shutter blade on my 80mm CFE poking in a bit into the open view of the lens so I recently sent it in to Steve's Camera in LA. He said it was normal and other things seemed normal but there was a bit of haze and dust in the glass so I said sure, clean it up. He charged $345 to do that and that did not count the insured shipping back and forth. David was at $295 for labor on lenses before he passed so not too far off.

I'll be trying either Key Camera in my home state of Colorado or Mike at Samy's in LA who was just wonderful to talk to on the phone for any upcoming servicing. With David passing, a lot more work is going to these other places so I expect servicing costs to continue to climb.

Hasslebad

Steve’s has done great work on several of my lenses, body and back. I also had another back (winder didn’t stop at the first frame) repaired at Midwest Camera and they did a good job.

tenmangu81

And in France, "Les Victor", in Paris.
They are very competent and nice. They repair only Hasselblad. And are official dealers for Hasselblad in France.