The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad's aversion to red dots

Godfrey

Hmm. Never bothered ... My excuse: I don't change lenses that often, and don't have any problem finding the appropriate index mark that Hasselblad put on the lens mount. ;)

G

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Hmm. Never bothered ... My excuse: I don't change lenses that often, and don't have any problem finding the appropriate index mark that Hasselblad put on the lens mount. ;)

G
Well, it's possible, but putting the dot on the side is like pre-computing a result you need often (if you change lenses), and so is efficient coding.

Godfrey

Heh. You're inspiring me to grab the 907x and take it on my walk. I think the 21mm has been on it for a month or so ... maybe I'll switch it to the 45mm.
There, done: took two seconds. ... ;)

45P is a lot smaller, lighter lens... Camera hangs tail down instead of lens down like with the 21mm. :D

G