The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hello from Hudson Valley New York

Hdalal

I am a retired semiconductor process engineer; I have a Hasselblad 500 C/M with several lenses and other components.; I am looking for any one's help in getting me a Hasselblad made digital back.

darr

Welcome to getDPI.com!
I've been shooting with the Hasselblad V system since 1985 and have enjoyed using many different Hasselblad camera models, including digital versions.

Currently, my digital Hasselblad is a 907x 50c.
The 907x's digital back is the CFV II 50c (50 megapixels), and I shoot it on a 501 CM and 503 CX and non-Hasselblad technical cameras.

Regardless of which digital back you choose, I recommend choosing a newer model with Live View for precise focusing.
Misalignment of the mirror can present a challenge in certain older camera models, potentially leading to issues with focusing accuracy.
But no worries when using Live View to focus the digital back as it operates similarly to the screen's functionality on a mirrorless camera.
I previously used the CFV I 50c, the first Hasselblad digital back to feature Live View, and it served me exceptionally well.

If you're interested in a currently in-production Hasselblad digital back for use with your 500 CM, check out the 907x 100c (100 megapixels).
It is available from this website's sponsor, Capture Integration, here.

Here are some pages from my website that talk about V system cameras with digital and also the 907x 50c:

Film and Digital with Iconic Hasselblad Cameras
The Cutting Room Floor: A Creative Exploration Story
Cameras: Hasselblad

Kind regards,
Darr

Last edited: