The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hello from Northern California

BarbaraJ

A film photographer in a past life, I now shoot available light with a modified full spectrum GX9 with the kit 12-60 3.5-5.6. The kit lens works fine but worries about being replaced by a REALLY FAST prime, or possibly something with a fixed aperture, sort of fast, and internal zoom.

A refugee from DPReview, which I found kind of intimidating, I like the look and feel of this place. First thing I noticed is how thoughtful the work posted here is, just beautiful. Next thing I noticed is many fewer forums, always a good thing. As soon as I better understand the workings of this place I will post some images also.

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Welcome here in GETDPI .
If you want to see many really good images , this is the best place . And also the best place to share your images . Looking forward .
Please tell me , what is a " modified full spectrum GX9 " .
I recently aquired a GX9 with a 12-35 2,8 DG VARIO ELMARIT . My first ZOOM .

f6cvalkyrie

Welcome to GetDPI !
I shoot with a full-spectrum modified original micro4/3 Panasonic G1 and the 14-45 kitlens that was sold in those days together with the camera ... an oldie combination but still very pleasing to shoot with ...
I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures you shoot with your FS combo !!!

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Welcome to GetDPI !
I shoot with a full-spectrum modified original micro4/3 Panasonic G1 and the 14-45 kitlens that was sold in those days together with the camera ... an oldie combination but still very pleasing to shoot with ...
I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures you shoot with your FS combo !!!
Yes . Thank you . But what exactly is a full-spectrum modified camera (sensor ?)

f6cvalkyrie

Hi, Jürgen,

A FS modified camera is a camera that has the build-in IR blocking filter (that sits in front of the sensor) taken out ...
You can then add an external IR filter in front of the lens, to make the camera an IR camera ... several cut-off wavelength are available, giving different effects ...

You'll find more about this modification here : https://www.adorama.com/alc/how-to-convert-your-dslr-to-a-full-spectrum-camera/

CU,
Rafael