The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Help selecting image please!

Greg Haag

I was hoping I might get some help selecting an image please. I was asked to be a part of a charity art show, I ALWAYS say NO to something like this, but this time I was asked by my daughters mother-in-law. These are the images I am thinking about, I will probably print the long edge about 36". Thanks in advance, GregArt Show-1.jpgArt Show-2.jpgArt Show-3.jpgArt Show-4.jpgArt Show-5.jpgArt Show-6.jpg

Pieter 12

The first or second ones, depending on whether your (or the organization's) preference is for color or black and white. The color shot of Death Valley pops, but can be confusing if you don't know what you are looking at so I guess personally I'd go for the Mesquite Dunes.

Steve Hendrix

My personal favorites are #3 and #6, but for universal appeal, I can see # 5.

And what I like about #3 is, because there are many photographs of monument valley, and the monuments don't change much, this makes the environment surrounding the monuments the difference maker, and I like the soft, subtle sky juxtaposed with the monuments. Again, a personal preference.

They're all great, it's hard to choose.

Steve Hendrix/CI

rdeloe

Agree that for mass appeal it's #5.

My personal favourite is #1 because of the ambiguity. Figuring out the scale of what I'm looking at requires a bit of effort, which I like. I also enjoy the strange colours in the rocks and the soils, and the textures of the landscape.

tcdeveau

#2 for me….that dune image is stunning! but B&W doesn’t always have universal appeal

i really want to get the iq4 Achro out to some dunes like that some time!