The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

How to..

rayyan

I would like to have my Z6 bracket shoot 5 shots when I press the shutter release After a 2/10 second delay.

I would like to do this without going into the intervalometer.

Could you help me please. I am unable to find how to do this.

Thank you folks.

p.s. I am setting the 2/10 second delay using the drive mode button.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
I assume when you say bracket, you are wanting to exposure bracket? I have never tried setting it with the delay. Goto AE section via menu for bracketing, choose 5 frames and whatever EV spacing you want. Drive mode for camera now needs to be in Continuous, and I think C-High is best, but Low will work too. With delay set, it should fire off five frames for you after that 2/10's sec delay you set. If not, then I'd have to assume it won't work with the delay and you have to hold the shutter button for the full 5 frames, but here the cam will stop itself after the 5.

PS: I just confirmed EB does work with shutter delay but it applies the delay to each frame, not just the first -- but if you hold the shutter button down, you will capture all 5 frames with the appropriate compensation. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

rayyan

Jack.
Thanks for the suggestion.
My issue is not to keep the shutter release button depressed through the bracketing shots.
Yes it is exposure bracketing I was looking at.

Best.