The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

I just joined this forum and I would like to introduce myself.

HowardMathis

I just joined this forum and I would like to introduce myself. My name is Howard Mathis, and I am completely new to the world of photography. I have always had a great interest in photography, and have finally decided to take it seriously. I realize that there are experienced photographers and professionals on this forum, and I hope to get valuable advice and guidance from you. I have a lot of questions and look forward to talking with you and learning from you. I have a basic camera, but am just beginning to get to grips with its features and functions. I would like to learn more about different genres of photography, camera settings, composition, image processing and other aspects that will help me become a better photographer. If you have any tips for the beginner, I would appreciate it if you could share them. What books, videos or resources do you recommend for learning photography? What genres or techniques of photography have most impressed you and why?

steveash

Welcome Howard. My best advice, the one mistake we all make to varying degrees at every level of skill and experience - Equipment is useful, exciting, fascinating and distracting but it doesn’t make your photos any better. The magic comes from the photographer.

Best of luck in your new interest, you’re among friends here. Investigating the exposure triangle is a good place to start.